Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Had a DISE procedure today. (Drug induced sleep endoscopy)
Had a DISE procedure today. (Drug induced sleep endoscopy)
I want to share my experience of this outpatient procedure. My AHI is realatively well controlled on BIPAP with my new dental appliance. AHI < 3. But occasionally I wake up with night sweats, palpitations, runs of OA's lasting 30-45 seconds each, and low oxygen alarms from my Contec SpO2 sensor. So I went to an ENT who said they could perform a short 10-15min endoscopy.

It was done at a surgical center. They had me first wear my oral dental appliance, and then knocked me out with Propofol. ENT doctor said he used a camera down my nasal passage to look in back of my throat for blockages. Then he said he took out my dental appliance and checked again.

I woke up in the recovery room about 30min later. I don't remember everything he told me, but he did say the dental appliance seemed to open my airway. He recommended another sleep study with just the device, and no bipap. I did have some minor collapse somewhere in back of my throat/nose. I wish I could remember more, but it must be due to the anesthesia. So on Monday he will either call me with the details or I go in for an appointment.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Had a DISE procedure today. (Drug induced sleep endoscopy)
I hope it helps you sleep better. It sounds like you've been thru the medical version of the old washer/wringer machine. Best wishes on doing better. Coffee

Oh, let us know the results of this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Had a DISE procedure today. (Drug induced sleep endoscopy)
It's a good thing they don't let Doctors sell "time shares" in the recovery room.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 985 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 232 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Drug induced sleep endoscopy Jimasripper 5 143 04-04-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 25 2,286 04-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: subconscious
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 1,007 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 166 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 221 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.