Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from Nasal to full face - too much pressure. Help?
RE: Switched from Nasal to full face - too much pressure. Help?
I just downloaded the sleepyhead software and I'm not seeing any significant leaks. It may be that the mask is just wrong for me and I need to find another that fits better. After sleeping with it a full night last night, I found that as long as I slept on my side, I actually slept.

But once I rolled onto my back, it woke me up as I felt so much pressure, I had to roll on to my other side and was able to get back to sleep. Problem is, I can't sleep the whole night on my side, it's too uncomfortable with my current bed Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
From what Im seeing on your profile you have the PRS1 Auto aflex but listing only a pressure of 10 so Im guessing your machine is set up as a straight CPap instead of auto or you would have a min and max pressure not a single pressure.

Side or back if its running straight 10 for a pressure setting it shouldnt make any difference side or back. Its 10 either way.

On auto with say a min of 7 and max of 10 then yeah usually if you go to your back in your sleep the pressure would normally rise because apnea is usually worse on your back than on your side.

You could try setting the Cflex exhalation relief which will drop the pressure when you exhale, which might help.

Be easier if we knew of your machine is on Auto mode or straight cpap since it could be set up as either. If you have any of the flex comfort features enabled etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the doctor had it set up with straight 10 pressure with a minus 2 exhalation (can't remember the terminology he used).

On a side note, I found that I was having an allergic reaction to the face mask, it was leaving red welts on my face, so we switched back to the Eson nasal, which is what I was using before, with a chin strap. Not having that pressure problem anymore.

So thank you guys for all the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your welcome. Kinda strange you had a reaction to the F&P Simplus but not the F&P Eson. Far as I know the cushion material head gear material and hard mask material are all the same stuff. One is just a nasal and one is a FFM is the only difference Im aware of.

Did they say in particular what was in the Simplus that you had the reaction to that isnt in the Eson??

Just curious as the Simpus FFM is what im using right now but thinking of going to the Eson on the next mask change.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be that there are no different constituents in the pillows for the Eson and the Simplus. It could be merely a difference in the way that the silicone was processed into the correct shape

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,599 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,863 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW Stubert 2 682 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.