Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from Philips Dreamstation CPAP To Resmed Autocurve 10 VAuto
Switched from Philips Dreamstation CPAP To Resmed Autocurve 10 VAuto
Hi,

I have switched from a Philips Dreamstation CPAP To Resmed Autocurve 10 VAuto recently and I'm trying to understand the differences in the numbers on OSCAR.

However I lot of apnea types that are shown when I was using my Philips Dreamstation are no no longer in the report since I use my Resmed.  

With the Philips I had a lot of RERA's, Periodic Breathing, ... all things that I have not even seen once since I used my resmed.  

Any idea's?  Is it the Resmed that cannot detect these things?
Also my CA's have doubled, but stayed below 1.  Is that good?  Or should a try to finetune the device to get the CA's lower?

I have included the 7th on Philips, and the 25th on Resmed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched from Philips Dreamstation CPAP To Resmed Autocurve 10 VAuto
I deleted the image link in your post because it was extremely long and invalid. Please try again using the attachment feature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I have edited the original post above and used attachments now.

Jos
Post Reply Post Reply
Drop the calendar and pie chart or use F12 to take screenshot or screenshot from the view menu.

Neither numbers are bad and are what I call normal fluctuation.

How do you feel, a critical review without looking at your chart please.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have included the 2 new screenshots using F12.  Thanks for the hint :-)

I'm feeling ok, but not more than that.  A lot of days I keep on going as long as I'm busy.  Give me a break, and I'd die for a 10 minute nap.  

However, it has been worse.  Difficult to say if the Resmed is doing better.  I do have to get used to VAuto Bilevel coming from CPAP too.  So I have some difficulty falling a sleep.  I need to give it some time to get used.  Also with Philips, it had it's ups and downs.  However, things like RERA always showed up on Philips, and never show up on my Resmed.

Jos

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One more change. In OSCAR go to View / Reset Graphs / Standard. This set was chosen specifically to show the most important charts. Please do this for next time.

Two reasons for not having RERAs
1. ResMed is very aggressive against Flow Limits, the foundation of RERAs
2. You are using a PS of 4. PS is the best too against Flow Limits ans something that PR machines lack. Flex is not comparable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some things you'll need to consider, you changed brands and things will be different in view on OSCAR. If I've got it right, certain things will not show on OSCAR until/unless they occur on the new PAP. If true, these items aren't showing as the ResMed takes care of them and don't show up.

Second, you stepped up into Auto BPAP, which is slightly different in handling. Not a bad thing just different.

Central Apnea might go up slightly for many reasons, 1 being increased PS. Another is CA are always consistently inconsistent meaning they vary for no reason You state centrals doubled, but it's still at or below 1. This isn't an issue.

I would have you consider increasing EPAP Min from 4 to 6 if you feel you would like a bit more air, if that's an issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, I think you are, from a need more air point of view treating BiLevel EPAP the same as you would a CPAP "Pressure". Use Inhale pressure for this measure and here the OP is 8 (Min EPAP + PS) which is OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback guys.

The last week's I have been using Nasal sprays to cover the lack of air feeling.

Increasing the lows is difficult for the moment. The feeling with a bilevel is quite a change coming from CPAP. It feels a bit like my noise is blowing up like a balloon on each intake. I'm quite sure I just need to get used to it. 

I could be wrong, but is the VAuto also adapting/learning? In the beginning the Resmed gave max pressure just after I had the feeling my breath has finished. It felt like gasping each time. Either I got used to it, or the machine adapted towards my breathing time cycle.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the VAuto used?
If so a factory reset to put settings at defaults, then reset your settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 8 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,859 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 74 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.