Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from ResMed AirSense10 to PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP w Biflex!
Switched from ResMed AirSense10 to PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP w Biflex!
So after having many problems with the AirSense 10 being loud and feeling like the pressue was too high I went back to my DME and tried out the PR REMStar 60 and it was a dream come true...or appears that way...

I am able to sleep on my full minimum 12 pressure with this machine and it feels like nothing at all, the mask stays on its almost too good to be true. My DME plugged the hose in to the pressure tester and it went right to 12 so it seems to being blowing right. I am just confused that its so easy to use and the pressure doesnt feel that strong? Anyone else encounter this? I am concerned it might be underserving me even though her meter read 12, I slept pretty well and my AHI last night was a 4.9 (is that good) but am somewhat tired today. My wife said I was up twice that it sounded like I either was starting to snore or an apnea event, neither of which I remember. It was my first night using the machine so maybe its an adjustment...

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched from ResMed AirSense10 to PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP w Biflex!
It would help us to help you if we knew your Min EPAP (12, I assume), Max IPAP, either Pressure Support or Min and Max Pressure Support (depending on whether or not it's setup to allow variable Pressure Support), and the Bi-Flex settings. And it would certainly help to see SleepyHead graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched from ResMed AirSense10 to PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP w Biflex!
(07-30-2015, 11:11 AM)iSnore Wrote: It would help us to help you if we knew your Min EPAP (12, I assume), Max IPAP, either Pressure Support or Min and Max Pressure Support (depending on whether or not it's setup to allow variable Pressure Support), and the Bi-Flex settings.

12 EPAP
20 IPAP
BiFlex 2
Pressure Support 8 I believe

Post Reply Post Reply
I just move to my first AutoPAP and Intellipap Auto.

My previous Respironics CPAP machines had noise but we adjusted.

This machine is really silent and I noticed that the pressure flex when I exhale was so smooth I wasn't even sure it was on!!!

It is choosing a lower pressure than my years at 14. Right now it is using 10-11 which seems to be pretty good. I experimented with letting it go down to 9 and I had a very bad night even though it never recorded an AHI over 5.

I may experiment with moving my bottom pressure up to 11/12 I know if I start to snore it won't trigger an AHI event. But it will wake me up just a bit and I can feel it in my throat if I have snored more than a couple of times
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I can attribute the ease of breathing to is the BiFlex setting of 2. It lowers the pressure you exhale against based on the flow as well as the setting, i.e. the more you exhale the lower the pressure. I use Aflex 2 on my RemStar and it seems to be a very easy, natural feeling algorithm.

As far as what's happening to you at night, getting your AHI lower, and hopefully feeling less tired, I think you'll find SleepyHead priceless for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the 660 or 760 model? It sounds like fixed EPAP/IPAP.

With regard to your AHI of 4.9, I suspect that will settle down as you get used to the machine. You should download and start using Sleepyhead. I suspect most of your AHI was CA events, and I'd be surprised if you didn't have them a PS 8.0. That machine is practically breathing for you, unless this is auto mode and your PS is in a range of 4 to 8. Eventually, I think you're going to want to experiment with lower IPAP pressures if this is not in auto mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So after my 2nd night of use, my AHI went from 4.9 to 5 which seems insignificant to me...but I did look at my settings my MinPS is set at 0 and my Max is set to 8, also the machine is set to AutoB, could this have anything to do with the weak pressure? It also looked like my pressure maxed out at 16 last night.

I mean it seems to be doing its job with the 5.0 AHI, my apnea is quite severe (50-60 arousals throughout my sleep study without the CPAP) so I dont expect 2-3 range numbers, just want the best therapy as we all do!

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your PS fixed at 8.0 are are you using a range? I would suggest you decrease min PS to 4.0 and leave max PS at 8.0. Let the machine work in auto mode to select the correct PS. Please reply to my previous question. Are most of your events, CA?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2015, 07:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Is your PS fixed at 8.0 are are you using a range? I would suggest you decrease min PS to 4.0 and leave max PS at 8.0. Let the machine work in auto mode to select the correct PS. Please reply to my previous question. Are most of your events, CA?

my MinPS is actually set to 0 on the machine...should it be upped to at least 4 is what you meant? Sorry I missed that I assume they are CA events but where can I look that up?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a picture of my settings. I am a little concerned about the MinPS being 0.0, should that not be higher? Machine is in AutoB mode. My AHI on night 1 was 4.9 and 5.0 on night 2.

I am getting sleepyhead as we speak for results!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,929 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 173 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,153 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.