Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched to AirCurve 10 VAuto
RE: Switched to AirCurve 10 VAuto
As mentioned if pressure is increasing it is due to obstructive apnea, hypopnea or flow limitation. It does not increase pressure for centrals.

Ramp ignores all events (doesn't even flag them, just pretends they aren't happening) which is why we usually don't recommend it as it delays treatment. If you are absolutely certain you are awake when these obstructive events are happening and driving up pressure then you could try using ramp on auto or 15 minutes as you see fit. If these are obstructive events happening just as/after you fall asleep then the pressure increase may be warranted.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct... it looks like it started to increase a little based on a small flow limitation... and then two obstructive events pushed it higher.  What kinds of things constitute a flow limitation?  Possibly me just turning my head and blocking the Dreamwear headgear for a few seconds?

Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t think knocking your mask would cause a FL flag to drop. FLs are restrictions of the airway. If you zoom in on your flow rate right before the flag, you will probably see that the curve above the line is not nice and rounded but is flattened or small, or has one or two dents, or has a peak and plateau. The algorithm doesn’t pick up all the FLs, so you may see FLs in the flow rate that aren’t flagged.
Post Reply Post Reply
Show OSCAR data (specifically flow rate chart) from 3:34 to 3:40. Looks like you had a bundle of apnea perhaps during transition to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2021, 01:00 PM)Geer1 Wrote: As mentioned if pressure is increasing it is due to obstructive apnea, hypopnea or flow limitation. It does not increase pressure for centrals.

There is one other thing that will increase pressure with the ResMed algorithm -- if snoring is detected.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your last graph, your machine operated to head off obstructive apnea by increasing pressure rapidly at 03:36 to 03:37.  This is immediately followed by a double OA which to me shouts positional event. There are no other OA events the rest of the night, so I don't know that you need to make any changes.  It will always help to include the left column of respiratory statistics and settings.  

[Image: attachment.php?aid=33678]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

On a side note... i imported today's data, and for some reason the pressure, leak, flow limit and snore graphs are not visible for today. If I switch to other days they are there... strange. Anyone know what would cause this? I use FlashPap and Toshiba SD card... I NEVER had a problem with this for years with DreamStation... but now with AC10, Flashpap take a lot longer... and times out a lot... many timed will get to 89-95% and then stop. Could this be related to the missing lines? How many files are used per day by AC10?
Post Reply Post Reply
For a quick test, create a new profile and import the data into it to see if this problem follows.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2021, 08:19 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: In your last graph, your machine operated to head off obstructive apnea by increasing pressure rapidly at 03:36 to 03:37.  This is immediately followed by a double OA which to me shouts positional event.
FWIW, I have a slightly different interpretation of that data, though its hard to say for sure without more zoomed in data including flow rate.  What I see is two OAs in the middle of a cluster of CAs, and those two being the only OAs of the night.  Makes me wonder if the machine misidentified these apneas as OAs instead of CAs.
WRT pressure, there were two pre-emptive very modest increases in pressure resulting from the flow limitations.  The two larger pressure increases that followed were probably after-the-fact in response to the two apneas detected and classified as OAs.  Hard to say for sure though based on the graphic -- a higher level of detail for those two events including the flow rate would probably confirm that, though I'm not sure that this makes any difference to determining the best path forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
notam2, It's possible, but there was a flow limitation that caused the increased pressure. Without seeing the flow rate chart, we're both missing useful information for interpreting the events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 856 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 561 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,497 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 464 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,237 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.