Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched to Bipap and AHI is through the roof!
Switched to Bipap and AHI is through the roof!
Hi Guys,

I recently got switched to a Phillips Respironics Auto-Bipap, and the results have been terrible. My AHI is through the roof. It appears I am having a lot of central apneas. My titration study had the pressure set on 9/14. I think I may switch to auto and see how the algo adapts? I am attaching my sleep study and last night's charts. Any ideas would be graciously appreciated. I feel horrendous. 

Best, 

Justin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Sleep Study - 02.28.20.pdf (Size: 244.11 KB / Downloads: 11)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched to Bipap and AHI is through the roof!
You have too much Pressure Support!!!
Reduce either PS = 2 or IPAP =11 keeping EPAP at 9.

What is likely happening is that you are flushing too much CO2 from your system to the point that your blood CO2 concentration has dropped below your apneic threshold resulting in central apnea. The above should help but we do need to see what the results are.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched my Bipap to auto. I was hoping the algorithm would do a better job of providing pressure as needed. I feel better than a few days ago but still not great. Charts attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
set your
min EPAP = 6
Max IPAP = 12
Min PS = Max PS = 2

Then let's see what we get and hopfully get things to settle down.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an example of why we ask members to keep their therapy threads together.  You were previously on a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, and your AHI was near 5.0 with Autoset at 9.2 to 13.6 and EPR 3   http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...l-terrible .  In that thread, Bonjour and OpalRose asked you to reduce EPR and pressure.  You changed to 7-12 pressure EPR 1 and AHI fell to 2.0 and at 5-10 with EPR off your results were less than 1 AHI and generally less than 2.0.  This was pretty promising, but that post was in January, and you disappeared, only to reappear with  a high AHI on BiPAP and really crappy charts. 

Pressure support is not your friend, and your older results were relevant.  Would you like me to merge  your older thread so the answers you get are able to take all of this into consideration? Either way, please review the Organizing Your OSCAR Charts wiki so we get the right information. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18997]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21921]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to add, one more thing...go back to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and let us optimize from there. This BiPAP is not what you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW Stubert 2 682 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Switched to FFM, need help on settings Strange54 1 219 02-06-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 431 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 528 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 492 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.