Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched to Circadiance Advance terrible dry throat
Switched to Circadiance Advance terrible dry throat
Good day,

I just recently started to use CPAP again after a 10 year hiatus. I must say the experience is much better now than when I tried it 10 years ago.
My reason for posting is:
I purchased the Resmed 10 auto set with Swift FX pillows and Swift Nano. I found both tended to wake me and I could not get a good nights sleep. I ordered the Sleepweaver advance and it showed up yesterday. I can not believe how comfortable this mask is, I am not having any leaks either. The problem is that I woke up at 4am with the left side of my throat so dry it hurt. I took off the mask and went back to sleep to around 5am. I woke up and turned up my humidifier and tried tried the mask again. Once again I woke up at 630 with the dryness hurting my throat. I did not have this issue with either of the Swift products.
I call Circadiance today and asked if they had ever heard of this issue. Heather told me that the only possible cause would be my mouth being open. She said that the mask may have been so comfortable that I fell into a deeper sleep and opened my mouth. She said that air is not blown directly on the throat by any nasal mask or pillows. The machine did say my AHI was only 2.1 (had been around 7) with the Swift products.
My question after all of this is does heather's reasoning sound correct?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Jeff
Huntsville, AL
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched to Circadiance Advance terrible dry throat
Hi jeff022265,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are trying CPAP therapy again. Yes, the newer machines are much better.
You could be opening your mouth, so you might try a chinstrap and see if that will help you keep your mouth closed.
There are just about as many chinstraps as there are masks so you might have to try a few 'till you find what works for you.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you on your second round of CPAP therapy, hopefully, you can stick with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto what Trish posted.

All of the circadiance cloth masks seem to take more fiddling with than other types.

(Just a truck driver with sleep apnea )
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,
It is possible to sleep through a mask leak and not realize it until you wake up.
Or you are mouth breathing at some point. I know I've done it and so I use a chinstrap.
I don't wear it every night, but if I find myself mouth breathing, I'll put it on.
Glad your back on CPAP.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW Stubert 2 667 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 405 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Switched to FFM, need help on settings Strange54 1 210 02-06-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 4 373 01-27-2024, 04:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 416 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.