Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching Machines with SleepyHead
Switching Machines with SleepyHead
I am currently using a Respironics 60 series machine, and I have a lot (over a year's worth) of data in the program.

I will soon be switching to a ResMed AirSense 10 machine.

Can I just plug my SD card with data from the new machine into my computer and load the data into SleepyHead, or do I have to create a new profile and lose all my data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switching Machines with SleepyHead
You can load the new data into Sleepyhead and it will detect the different machine and start a new file. The good news is you will have seamless access to your old data. As shown below I had to switch my machine out on July 15th. Moving the calendar in Sleepyhead from the 14th (the data from the old machine) to the 15th (on the new machine) you can see the different serial number but all the data from the old machine is still there.

[Image: shmachine1.PNG][Image: shmachine2.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info! In your stats, did things like your averages start over?

(10-28-2015, 07:24 PM)AlanE Wrote: You can load the new data into Sleepyhead and it will detect the different machine and start a new file. The good news is you will have seamless access to your old data. As shown below I had to switch my machine out on July 15th. Moving the calendar in Sleepyhead from the 14th (the data from the old machine) to the 15th (on the new machine) you can see the different serial number but all the data from the old machine is still there.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not on mine everything from before was included in the averages. My 2nd machine was the same model as the first though. I'm not sure how it would look if I switched to a different model that may record data differently.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I concur with AlanE ... changing machines is seamless in Sleepyhead.

I would not plug the old SD card into the new machine. Same SD card across different machines is not seamless. Fortunately machines come with SD cards, and if they don't the SD cards are cheap. If you choose to use the same SD card, expect the new machine will want to reformat it and blow away all your old machine data (on the card, not in sleepyhead).

That said, inserting a SD card with data from the new machine into your computer (write-locked of course) you will find that sleepyhead detects it as usual, but then asks you to select a profile for the new machine. Choose your existing profile and that machine will simply be added to your profile.

You can even go back and forth between machines and Sleepyhead will capture all the sessions from either machine and seamlessly correlate the data.

I guess people who travel with data capable travel machines probably do this all the time.

I have done this one time to test out a different machine and it worked as expected. Both machines in my case were ResMed series 10 (autoset vs "for her")

Saldus Miegas

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2015, 07:30 AM)AlanE Wrote: Not on mine everything from before was included in the averages. My 2nd machine was the same model as the first though. I'm not sure how it would look if I switched to a different model that may record data differently.

nelamvr6,

To be safe, if we haven't already said this, it is prudent to safeguard your SDs and backup your sleepyhead directory before trying something risky.

.. ALWAYS write lock your SD cards before you insert them into the computer (and don't forget to UNwritelock them before placing them back into the CPAP machine). Keep SD cards from different makes of CPAP machines separate from each other and don't insert one type of machine's SD card into a different model of CPAP machine.

.. Make a safe copy of your Sleepyhead data. On a Windows computer, you will find a folder with Sleepyhead in the name in your My Documents folder (mine is named SleepyHeadData-Testing. I don't recall if I added "-Testing" or that's the default name). Copy & paste that folder to make a duplicate of it... now you have a safe copy of all your Sleepyhead data.

Based on our experiences noted here, you will most likely be pleasantly surprised at how elegantly Sleepyhead will integrate your data coming in from the different machines.

But by taking a few easy precautions, no matter what happens you won't lose data.

Please let us know what happens so others can benefit from your experience.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2015, 09:52 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: .. Make a safe copy of your Sleepyhead data. On a Windows computer, you will find a folder with Sleepyhead in the name in your My Documents folder (mine is named SleepyHeadData-Testing. I don't recall if I added "-Testing" or that's the default name). Copy & paste that folder to make a duplicate of it... now you have a safe copy of all your Sleepyhead data.
Saldus Miegas

You're right about the folder name. It ends in -Testing. Another way to see where your folder is located is in SleeyHead click on the Help and About SleepyHead. Look for the Data Folder Location: and the path next to it. The link appears clickable but it doesn't work since the actual path it points to is not what you see.

Example:
Data Folder Location: C:\Users\Al\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing

But copying the link I get:
file://c/Users/Al/Documents/SleepyHeadData-Testing

Which is wrong for windows.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies guys! I'll post back with my results when I try it myself in a couple of weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,308 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How do I import data from multiple machines into a single OSCAR profile? levy76 2 588 07-30-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: levy76
  OSCAR with 2 machines, 1 user edfreeman 3 518 04-30-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Data from Prisma Smart & Soft CPAP machines [no longer needed] GuyScharf 31 6,247 04-29-2023, 07:19 AM
Last Post: dannahaz
  what kind of Lowenstein machines are supported by OSCAR? acerlogic 1 1,097 04-19-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it possible to have two machines on one Profile? biyahero 5 755 02-13-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: biyahero

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.