Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: [split] Switching Masks
(04-27-2014 04:37 PM)yannis Wrote:  Thanks zonk, I used saline nasal rinses but didn't do much and I don't want to use decongestants.

Decongestant nasal sprays are not a long term solution. But there are steroidal nasal sprays (Nasonex) and antihistamine nasal sprays (Astelin) that can be quite effective.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-27-2014 06:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

(04-27-2014 03:37 AM)yannis Wrote:  Greetings everyone !!

About a month ago my sleep study showed severe apnea, AHI 82 with mean duration 25 sec. Immediately I started therapy with Resmed S9 Autoset and Mirage FX nasal mask and so far everything is fine and I wake up in the morning feeling great. I don't find necessary to use Ramp function and I start immediately with the min pressure of 8cm. I had nasal congestion for a couple of nights as I caught cold and I ordered Quattro Air to have as a backup mask. I used it the last 2 nights and it works fine too with almost zero leaks but AHI is significantly higher. With Mirage FX leaks were higher but AHI almost zero, I don't know if this is common when changing between masks.

Here is a printscreen from ResScan and I think that I am doing quite well for newcomer.

lh4.googleusercontent.com/-230jOL9Wps4/U1y8agwSgjI/AAAAAAAAAJY/VQaEQJVQ4i0/w1099-h731-no/ResScan.jpg

(As a newcomer I cannot insert image or URL so copy/paste URL to your browser)

Anyway thanks for the information I have found here and I apologize for my English as it is not my native language.
Hi yannis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are adjusting well to CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.

trish6hundred
04-27-2014 07:15 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(04-27-2014 09:33 AM)yannis Wrote:  Thanks Sleepster and I am sorry if I posted to wrong thread, I just wanted to share my good results.

That's perfectly understandable. I moved your post to its own new thread so that people would feel more at ease responding to your questions about the masks.

We try to keep long back-and-forth discussions out of the "Success Story" thread so it doesn't get side-tracked. I encourage you to post your success story there again. Many people are encouraged when they see that others have overcome the same hurdles they are facing.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-27-2014 08:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
yannis Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 8-16
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

(04-27-2014 06:33 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(04-27-2014 04:37 PM)yannis Wrote:  Thanks zonk, I used saline nasal rinses but didn't do much and I don't want to use decongestants.

Decongestant nasal sprays are not a long term solution. But there are steroidal nasal sprays (Nasonex) and antihistamine nasal sprays (Astelin) that can be quite effective.

I am already heavy on medication as I suffer from hypertension, hypercholesterolaemia and lately atrial fibrillation. Actually it was due to atrial fibrillation that cardiologist ordered sleep study and urged me to start cpap therapy immediately. I don't want to use pharmaceutical products if I can overcome congestion with a FFM.
BTW last night AHI with Quattro Air was 1.2 !!!
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 07:08 AM by yannis.)
04-28-2014 06:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 25 3,000 Yesterday 07:09 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Switching Machines owlgirl63 4 241 12-04-2016 05:11 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Smile [News] CUSTOM 3-D PRINTED MASKS srlevine1 2 278 11-17-2016 10:29 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks? terp1984 14 4,727 10-27-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: outdoor
  Question on masks that will handle higher pressures like 27 nanook683 13 916 09-21-2016 07:14 AM
Last Post: nanook683
  [Equipment] Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks? mj1127 2 322 09-17-2016 10:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Pilairo Q Pillow masks Zocane 7 436 09-12-2016 04:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose