Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching Masks
RE: [split] Switching Masks
(04-27-2014, 04:37 PM)yannis Wrote: Thanks zonk, I used saline nasal rinses but didn't do much and I don't want to use decongestants.

Decongestant nasal sprays are not a long term solution. But there are steroidal nasal sprays (Nasonex) and antihistamine nasal sprays (Astelin) that can be quite effective.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 03:37 AM)yannis Wrote: Greetings everyone !!

About a month ago my sleep study showed severe apnea, AHI 82 with mean duration 25 sec. Immediately I started therapy with Resmed S9 Autoset and Mirage FX nasal mask and so far everything is fine and I wake up in the morning feeling great. I don't find necessary to use Ramp function and I start immediately with the min pressure of 8cm. I had nasal congestion for a couple of nights as I caught cold and I ordered Quattro Air to have as a backup mask. I used it the last 2 nights and it works fine too with almost zero leaks but AHI is significantly higher. With Mirage FX leaks were higher but AHI almost zero, I don't know if this is common when changing between masks.

Here is a printscreen from ResScan and I think that I am doing quite well for newcomer.

lh4.googleusercontent.com/-230jOL9Wps4/U1y8agwSgjI/AAAAAAAAAJY/VQaEQJVQ4i0/w1099-h731-no/ResScan.jpg

(As a newcomer I cannot insert image or URL so copy/paste URL to your browser)

Anyway thanks for the information I have found here and I apologize for my English as it is not my native language.
Hi yannis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are adjusting well to CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 09:33 AM)yannis Wrote: Thanks Sleepster and I am sorry if I posted to wrong thread, I just wanted to share my good results.

That's perfectly understandable. I moved your post to its own new thread so that people would feel more at ease responding to your questions about the masks.

We try to keep long back-and-forth discussions out of the "Success Story" thread so it doesn't get side-tracked. I encourage you to post your success story there again. Many people are encouraged when they see that others have overcome the same hurdles they are facing.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2014, 06:33 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 04:37 PM)yannis Wrote: Thanks zonk, I used saline nasal rinses but didn't do much and I don't want to use decongestants.

Decongestant nasal sprays are not a long term solution. But there are steroidal nasal sprays (Nasonex) and antihistamine nasal sprays (Astelin) that can be quite effective.

I am already heavy on medication as I suffer from hypertension, hypercholesterolaemia and lately atrial fibrillation. Actually it was due to atrial fibrillation that cardiologist ordered sleep study and urged me to start cpap therapy immediately. I don't want to use pharmaceutical products if I can overcome congestion with a FFM.
BTW last night AHI with Quattro Air was 1.2 !!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 110 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 341 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Keep switching to mouth breathing (during REM?) alienfrontier 13 761 01-21-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 501 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.