Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching from F20 AirTouch to F30i Mask
Switching from F20 AirTouch to F30i Mask
I switched masks last night to the Resmed F30i from the F20 Airtouch for comfort reasons and it just messed everything up. Heres a comparison. 

Some problems with the switch:
  1. I had to reduce the PS down from 4 to 2 because it just felt like I couldn't breath normally. Felt like I had almost no control of my breathing and it was too deep.
  2. My heart rate variability decreased dramatically, indicating I had a terrible nights rest(tracked through apple watch). I kind of feel that way also.
  3. OSCAR reported a large leak almost the whole night but I don't think the mask was leaking, it did sound like a lot of air was venting through the exhaust ports.
Both masks are "Full Face" masks so I didn't think I'd have such a different experience. the F30i is pretty much everything I want in a mask so I'd rather not go back to the F20.

Any advice here?
-Chris
Brain Fog Sufferer - 3 Years and counting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switching from F20 AirTouch to F30i Mask
I had the exact opposite experience. Much better sleep on F30. My PS is 3.6
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switching from F20 AirTouch to F30i Mask
I have been using this mask since it came out and I like it.
If Oscar reported a leak like that it's probably correct. Some times when I take off the cushion for cleaning it doesn't snap in correctly causing a leak.
Make sure that the top headband is adjusted so that the mask is pulled up against your nose. also make sure the top head band is in the correct position. If it is too close to your forehead the mask will be loose.You may have to tweak all head band adjustments until it's correct. I know when I lie on my back it loosens up and causes leaks.

With the breathing issue the cushion has 2 nostril wholes that have to be positioned correctly. Try putting in on in front of a mirror so that you can check.

Hope this helps you, car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,087 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 191 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 671 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,935 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 206 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 231 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 359 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.