Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching from full face mask to pillows
RE: Switching from full face mask to pillows
Many thanks I would have thought it should be possible to blow through the fine gauze, which I can't!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2017, 10:38 AM)Adam* Wrote: Many thanks I would have thought it should be possible to blow through the fine gauze, which I can't!

Adam, try wearing the mask with pressure on. Place your hands in front of the fine mesh (not touching it), you should feel the constant air coming through, and you should also feel the additional air when exhaling.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spent a bit of time washing and wiping the gauze, it’s now much better, I think there was some type of manufacturing residue on it, similar to silicon grease.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Adam I hadn't noticed, maybe the vents were blocked on mine.  I am going to go back and look.  I like the pillows for comfort, but I gave up on using them and went back to the full face mask.  Just seems to work better for me, maybe it's my narrow nose.  After reading your post I am curious and will take a look at the pillows tonite.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2017, 11:58 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: The vent on the P10 doesn't make as much noise as the vent on the Quattro. This probably makes the machine seem like it's louder.

If you can try moving up to a larger nasal pillow this should help you breath better.

One thing about nasal masks is you do have to keep your mouth closed to prevent air leaks.

Thanks for the advice on using the large pillows, I've been using the medium but just "test fitted" the large and it seems like they will allow much easier breathing  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 449 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 92 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,453 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 347 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 679 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.