Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching from full mask to nasal pillows?
RE: Switching from full mask to nasal pillows?
I use the nasal pillow type mask (PR GoLife). I used the chin strap for the first month and must have trained myself to keep my mouth shut Rolleyes I've been fine without the strap .
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2013, 12:31 PM)imfletch Wrote: ...just a thought from one who once used Painter's Tape all the way across his lips. (Yes, I hear the crowd gasping.)

Gasp... Shock
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a FFM having originally started with a nasal. My ENT never realized I was using a nasal until I told him. It seems the testing center had annotated I had used a FFM for my study (even though they used the nasal). BTW, that company is no longer in business. My doctor went through the roof when I told him about the nasal and the issues I was having. My issue with the nasal is I have a deviated septum as well as allergies which is contra-indicative of a nasal mask. When I had the sleep study done last year (with a new company) my doctor specified the tests would be done with a FFM.

The one thing I miss on my current system is there is not a button for a leak test (unless I can find it). My old system had a mask test button.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2013, 04:28 PM)psimpson130 Wrote: I use a FFM having originally started with a nasal. My ENT never realized I was using a nasal until I told him. It seems the testing center had annotated I had used a FFM for my study (even though they used the nasal). BTW, that company is no longer in business. My doctor went through the roof when I told him about the nasal and the issues I was having. My issue with the nasal is I have a deviated septum as well as allergies which is contra-indicative of a nasal mask. When I had the sleep study done last year (with a new company) my doctor specified the tests would be done with a FFM.

The one thing I miss on my current system is there is not a button for a leak test (unless I can find it). My old system had a mask test button.

Paul
Thanks for the info. I, too, have had a septum correction and sinus surgery due to chronic sinus issues. Maybe a FFM is really the answer for me. I appreciate you sharing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 30 3 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 992 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,101 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,088 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 193 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 207 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.