Switching from full mask to nasal pillows?
johns019 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: PRS1 BiPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: PRS GoLife
Humidifier: PRS1
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Switching from full mask to nasal pillows?
I use the nasal pillow type mask (PR GoLife). I used the chin strap for the first month and must have trained myself to keep my mouth shut Rolleyes I've been fine without the strap .
04-24-2013 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(04-24-2013 12:31 PM)imfletch Wrote:  ...just a thought from one who once used Painter's Tape all the way across his lips. (Yes, I hear the crowd gasping.)

Gasp... Shock

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-24-2013 06:23 PM
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

I use a FFM having originally started with a nasal. My ENT never realized I was using a nasal until I told him. It seems the testing center had annotated I had used a FFM for my study (even though they used the nasal). BTW, that company is no longer in business. My doctor went through the roof when I told him about the nasal and the issues I was having. My issue with the nasal is I have a deviated septum as well as allergies which is contra-indicative of a nasal mask. When I had the sleep study done last year (with a new company) my doctor specified the tests would be done with a FFM.

The one thing I miss on my current system is there is not a button for a leak test (unless I can find it). My old system had a mask test button.

Paul
04-25-2013 04:28 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Purdue writer Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed Autoset 9
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 8-11

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(04-25-2013 04:28 PM)psimpson130 Wrote:  I use a FFM having originally started with a nasal. My ENT never realized I was using a nasal until I told him. It seems the testing center had annotated I had used a FFM for my study (even though they used the nasal). BTW, that company is no longer in business. My doctor went through the roof when I told him about the nasal and the issues I was having. My issue with the nasal is I have a deviated septum as well as allergies which is contra-indicative of a nasal mask. When I had the sleep study done last year (with a new company) my doctor specified the tests would be done with a FFM.

The one thing I miss on my current system is there is not a button for a leak test (unless I can find it). My old system had a mask test button.

Paul
Thanks for the info. I, too, have had a septum correction and sinus surgery due to chronic sinus issues. Maybe a FFM is really the answer for me. I appreciate you sharing.
04-25-2013 04:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Switching Machines owlgirl63 3 110 Yesterday 11:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Advice on transitioning from pillows to FFM? Strat0caster 8 176 Yesterday 10:58 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 285 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  Need full face mask advice Bob32256 11 581 11-12-2016 05:29 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Nasal pillow Vs full face unofon 4 482 10-27-2016 09:12 AM
Last Post: unofon
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 496 10-26-2016 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  Looking for Recommendations on Lightweight *Nasal* Mask (no pillows) Dreams of Green 16 732 10-24-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: TheDuke