Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching from nasal to full mask on my own
RE: Switching from nasal to full mask on my own
I just couldn't figure out how to change the mask type, until Zonk gave me those video's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then the first homework lesson got an A good job.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tofo,
I successfully switched from a nasal mask to a full mask. It took a little doing, so be patient with it and with yourself. Mistakes I made include making the straps too tight, then too loose, then not adjusting the thingy that rests on the forehead properly. Even then it was a bit of a trial until I found the sweet spot where I could use the mask effectively. I did order in the remszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cotton liners, and they helped a lot. The final modification I had to make last night was to attach a small bandaid at the top of my nose. That insulates the nose from the mask enough so that it quit hurting me. That was good.

So, after working with this thing for awhile, I can say that it is well worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed my full mask last night. Clear up to the point where the stupid cat decided my big toe was his toy mousie ball. But that's another story.

Good luck with you mask. Give it a little time and attention and all will be well. Do you need a cat?
Post Reply Post Reply
lol, I think I'll pass on the cat, but thanks for good advices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Learn to keep your toes under the blanket *all* night. My 11 month pup wants to clean my feet, AND, nibble a bit as he does so - as I am way too ticklish it doesn't work. Last night he learned for the first time to stick his head under the blankets and push - o now in the middle of the night I fear an attack. Course, my lovely wife thinks it's too funny, and one of the other dogs growls when she is disturbed at night - so it's becoming 'play time' around 2AM each night for some reason in our house...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 12:37 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Learn to keep your toes under the blanket *all* night. My 11 month pup wants to clean my feet, AND, nibble a bit as he does so - as I am way too ticklish it doesn't work. Last night he learned for the first time to stick his head under the blankets and push - o now in the middle of the night I fear an attack. Course, my lovely wife thinks it's too funny, and one of the other dogs growls when she is disturbed at night - so it's becoming 'play time' around 2AM each night for some reason in our house...
Didn't work... Darned cat, everytime I turn over on my back she takes the opportunity to "attack" the lump under the covers. I ended up sleeping on my side in a fetal position. Darned killer attack cat....

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 12:37 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Learn to keep your toes under the blanket *all* night. My 11 month pup wants to clean my feet, AND, nibble a bit as he does so - as I am way too ticklish it doesn't work. Last night he learned for the first time to stick his head under the blankets and push - o now in the middle of the night I fear an attack. Course, my lovely wife thinks it's too funny, and one of the other dogs growls when she is disturbed at night - so it's becoming 'play time' around 2AM each night for some reason in our house...

Peter,

Don't feel bad, my youngest cat likes to jump on the back of my chair, crawl up on my shoulders and try to eat my head. When she can't do that, she tries to nibble on my chin. Luckily she doesn't go for the toes too often. My older one just looks at her with that "what are you doing look?" :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Lat night all three dogs were in the "bone zone" on the bed. That in itself isn't so bad... but it was 3AM and the crunching and tugging, and warning growls as one tried to get another's bone woke me a number of times.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 117 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.