Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switching from nasal to full mask on my own
Switching from nasal to full mask on my own
I'm a newbie
I didn't get too well along with my therapist so I decided to buy a full mask on my own. I have problems breathing through my nose but she didn't wan't to listen to me.
It works fine, but now I'm thinking maybe the machine should be adjusted to the new mask.
Does anybody knows, any adwise? She will call me back in 3 months.

btw. When I told her that i didn't sleep much the night before i saw her, she said nonsens, because she could see from the data that I'd sleept all night. That does'nt make sense to me, is it possible to see whether you sleep or not from the data?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switching from nasal to full mask on my own
You don,t adjust pressure whenever you change masks, you only need to change mask type to full face (instead of nasal)

The machine shows total hours using the machine each night but not if you were actually sleeping or just lying in bed
Data on the SD card tells you more information but only if the S9 is an Elite or AutoSet models, not if its an Escape model
Model name printed next to on/off button
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tofo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine can't tell if you are asleep, just if it is on or not.

To change the machine setting from nasal to full face, you will need to go into clinical setting. To get there just push down and hold the knob button and double checkmark button simultaneously for about 3 seconds. Look around for the "mask type" setting and change it to full face. Having the mask type set wrong shouldn't affect therapy, but will throw off the machine's leak detection/reporting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for you're reply Zonk.
Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome hosehead~! Feel free to stick around and sample the kool-aid while you're here...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, jgjones

I guess I'll have to make a new appointment with the therapist.

But tank you all of you.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Now we can go a bit further answering the question as now can see "S9 AutoSet" in user profile, that makes quite difference
As each mask type have different vents leak (intentional leak) at different pressures, selecting mask type is important somewhat so the machine can calculate unintentional leak (mask and mouth leak). 95th percentile displayed on the machine sleep report, per ResMed an acceptable leak somewhere below 24 L/m (further data get recorded on the SD card)

S9 useful setup instruction http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Clinical manual provide more information http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

ResScan and SleepyHead software dwonload links http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply
Great info Zonk

Those videos was really useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure why you said you needed to go back? They told you how to choose the other mask type and your done. That's too bad about anyone giving you attitude when your talking about your treatment. I still get the auto calls from my DME to replace parts even though I've told them I'm using a different mask and machine. Needless to say I don't call back. Either do your homework and do what you can to make it work or figure out how to deal with them honestly and get the respect you deserve.
Good luck, Doc
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 122 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 526 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,227 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.