Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swollen face
Swollen face
Hi,

I’m waking up with a severe swollen face and severe swollen shut eyes. This has happened a few times djnce I’ve started using my cpap machine in the last few weeks. Is my full face masks too tight? Doesn’t leave a ton of marks on face but just swollen eyes snd cheeks. Perhaps something else now that I’m getting restful sleep??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swollen face
If it isn't allergies (Holy COW!!!  Shock-2 ), it is congestion in tissue, and it could be from bradycardia.  Low heart rate.  Or cardiac insufficiency.  Are you on meds to control BP or heart rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be looking in to possible allergies to silicone or other products in the fan to face components (filters, plastics, rubber) hours of close contact with something may be triggering a reaction where previously brief random contact may not have been enough to cause a reaction.

If it isn't allergies you will need to get checked further - either way your doctor is the first place to start.. and I wouldn't delay making an appointment if it were me.

I hope you find the answer quickly.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the response. I’ll check in with my dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
SO strange because it’s only been a few nights. I’m going to check in with my dr. My hr runs very low to begin. The neck mask seems to bother my neck (next day I notice) which seems like the positioning. I may try a different mask. I read there’s a bagel response to the mask as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 747 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.