Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swollen face
Swollen face
Hi,

I’m waking up with a severe swollen face and severe swollen shut eyes. This has happened a few times djnce I’ve started using my cpap machine in the last few weeks. Is my full face masks too tight? Doesn’t leave a ton of marks on face but just swollen eyes snd cheeks. Perhaps something else now that I’m getting restful sleep??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swollen face
If it isn't allergies (Holy COW!!!  Shock-2 ), it is congestion in tissue, and it could be from bradycardia.  Low heart rate.  Or cardiac insufficiency.  Are you on meds to control BP or heart rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be looking in to possible allergies to silicone or other products in the fan to face components (filters, plastics, rubber) hours of close contact with something may be triggering a reaction where previously brief random contact may not have been enough to cause a reaction.

If it isn't allergies you will need to get checked further - either way your doctor is the first place to start.. and I wouldn't delay making an appointment if it were me.

I hope you find the answer quickly.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the response. I’ll check in with my dr.
Post Reply Post Reply
SO strange because it’s only been a few nights. I’m going to check in with my dr. My hr runs very low to begin. The neck mask seems to bother my neck (next day I notice) which seems like the positioning. I may try a different mask. I read there’s a bagel response to the mask as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 149 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 654 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 441 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 504 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 640 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 204 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.