Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] 1 year into therapy feeling tired again
1 year into therapy feeling tired again
Hi, this is my first time posting here, so here's a little about me, 
  • 21 year old female
  • 5'2" about 105lbs
  • Diagnosed December 2019 was given Philips Dreamstation APAP, AHI of 12 and RDI of 14.1 based on inlab sleep study
  • Current pressure setting is 7
I started therapy about a year go and was getting to feeling better. But in the past month have felt like I am starting to feel tired again, waking up at my alarm but preferring to sleep for longer rather than get up. Feeling like I need naps throughout the day (unable to nap due to being full time college student). But looking at my AHI through Dreammaper in the past month it can vary from 2-8 depending the day but mostly upwards of 5 in recent days. Today I decided to look at my data through OSCAR. My OA values are almost zero consistently but my CA and hypopnea numbers are looking like they've been consistently around 2-3 every night. I attached just basic screen shots of my OSCAR data from a night ago and a general overview but can post more if needed. I am also calling my sleep clinic tomorrow to see if I can schedule an appointment to speak to a doctor soon. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 year into therapy feeling tired again
Philips machines are slow to respond based on these graphs you need to raise your minimum pressure to treat your hypopnoeas I would try a min pressure value of 9 the best way to get graphs from oscar is to do a screen shot of the daily graph with F12 as we are middling some useful information here
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 year into therapy feeling tired again
I agree with the rise of pressure but I would also turn OFF the flex. That may help with the central apnea that you have. Give it a try and post tomorrow your OSCAR report using the F12 button to take a screen shot. Be sure to include the left side bar with all the info and turn OFF the calendar and pie chart before you take the screen shot.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 107 4 hours ago
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 21 602 10 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,428 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 61 2,257 Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 135 7,146 Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 36 2,365 Yesterday, 03:42 AM
Last Post: leono85
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 4 82 03-17-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.