Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Aerophagia relief?
RE: Aerophagia relief?
Opal, how did you know that that was where I was heading?
Post Reply Post Reply
Super powers... Bigwink
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't tried adjusting my machine in that manner. Will have to download the manual after work today and see what I can figure out.
My symptoms are not nearly as severe this morning so either the one setting helped or this is just a longer holdover.
It's a bit frustrating to not be able to figure out what causes the cramps and the timing seems to connect to the cpap. Does this sound like anything else in particular?
Post Reply Post Reply
pnfog,
It’s hard to say if your suffering from aerophagia.  But lowering your pressure a small bit would help either way.  

When you say cramping of the diaphragm, it almost sounds like you are struggling to breath and your putting much effort into it.  That could cause muscle cramping in the chest area.  I think this was mentioned by sleepless in a prior post.
I have heard others complain that their chest hurt and it was hard to breathe when first starting out.  

Although, you stated you had this problem before Cpap?  

Order the Clinicians manual and post some data.  
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

In the meantime, turn Flex down to 1. Set the machine to Cpap mode with a pressure of 9.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started on CPAP, my chest muscles seemed to hurt like exercise pain. Probably it might point to preliminary problems because of beginning stages of COPD at that time (for me). My breathing is somewhat shallow at times and it’s a theory that the CPAP caused more movement than that which I was used to.

If at all possible stick with this. By all means do setting adjustments, other adjustments if applicable as well. Consider including changes to bedding and pillows to maximize comfort. This is all included in the sleeping well folder.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My chiropractor tells me this afternoon that the painful diaphragm is actually referring from an out of alignment disc.   If I had a dime for every time I have heard "it's all connected...!" 

I'm still interested in whether anyone who reads this has had breathing issues "all their life" as I have -- difficulty getting a good breath.   It used to come and go & then it got very bad a few years before my surgery.  Now it's back to just being a very annoying always with me issue.  That seems to push my spine out of alignment all too often!  

I'm definitely going to download that manual & change my pressure to 9 this weekend.   Unless I get to it this evening.  I love that there is this group of empowered individuals. 

I've attached what looks like it will open up into my readings. Everything looks low to me except for the Leak rate.   Am I wrong to think that looks high?

Thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate is fine and within limits for a Respironics machine.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know.  I can find way too much to worry about some days.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s easy enough to find things to worry about, but your AHI numbers are decent, your leak rate is good.
So just concentrate on comfort for now. I think a lower pressure will help you breathe better. You just have to watch that the AHI doesn’t go up with a lower pressure.

Sometimes it’s a trade off between comfort or trying to get AHI numbers low as possible.

If you were using a ResMed machine, then this would be easier as the EPR would give you more relief.

I hope your doctors can figure out exactly what the issue is with your pain.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Doing good there. I'd suggest a coffee or tea whichever is preferred. Relax and enjoy the day.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 614 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 162 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,655 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 527 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 411 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.