Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Aerophagia relief?
RE: Aerophagia relief?
Life kind of got away from me & I haven't posted a follow-on screen shot as I intended.  If this belongs elsewhere, please say.  But since it follows the conversation from a week or so ago, I'm going with right here for now.   I've attached my latest Oscar screenshot & reviewing the past week, it looks to me like there are significantly fewer spikes in my readings from before I set it to a flat 9.    I'll be very interested in hearing what this looks like to others but personally I do feel like I'm waking maybe twice or so rather than over & over again through the night. 

I tried to add Friday night's readings as well since it's even flatter but for some reason could only attach last night's.  Maybe one is enough?  

Thank you for all the suggestions.   I'm still having the issues in the diaphragm in the mornings but now I'm icing the vertebrae rather than putting a heating pad on my diaphragm to a good bit better effect.  So aerophagia is most definitely ruled out.  
thanks all!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently there's still a significant learning curve.  I posted a screen shot from a week + ago rather than last night.   Will preview a few more times to make sure.  Ok, this one looks like it's from Saturday night and i think I got Friday's in there as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would turn the ramp off. If you feel you absolutely have to use it, then set it at 7 for a short period of time, 15 minutes.

Set the Flex to 1.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2019, 08:20 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I would turn the ramp off.  If you feel you absolutely have to use it, then set it at 7 for a short period of time, 15 minutes.  

Set the Flex to 1.

I'm confused by this.  I thought the ramp was to allow one to fall asleep before the max level is reached.   what is the advantage of starting higher?    Or perhaps I should ask, why wouldn't you want to ease into the higher levels?

I did set the flex to 1 right away, so that's done.   I'm not clear on what that does.

thanks-
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at your event graph, then compare it to the pressure graph.
During the time you were using the ramp, you had several events....Obstructives, Hypopneas and also flow Limitations. The ramp start pressure is just too low for your needs.

If you feel you can’t do without using ramp, then at least set it closer to the minimum pressure setting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
some people are more sensitive to pressure than others. however, judging by the joined date shown in your profile you should be used to it by now. many new users start with ramp but afaik most veterans do not because we're getting little or no effective therapy during that time. I guess if it's useful for those that truly take 30 or 40 minutes to fall asleep. personally, I actively try to minimize time awake with the mask on to avoid scoring meaningless flags and inaccurate ahi, but I fall asleep quickly (and wake up a lot). you might be one of those folks that just has to use ramp but try it without. if you have to, you can wean yourself by incrementally raising start pressure and shortening the ramp time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't feel like I fall asleep quickly... but I do feel like I'm getting better rest these past few nights.  I've just set my Ramp at 7 to see how that feels. 

Got to say I really appreciate this forum.   I'm not a numbers person & have a tendency not to see what's in front of my eyes unless it's been pointed out. 

And yes, as you say Sheepless -- I've started to appreciate that I'm don't notice the blow as closely as I did when I started.   In fact there are days I have to slightly move my mask to make sure it's still blowing.   Can that mean I'm slowly becoming a veteran?
Post Reply Post Reply
yep!.

(I just learned less than 5 characters won't post!)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2019, 09:05 PM)sheepless Wrote: yep!.  

(I just learned less than 5 characters won't post!)

Something new every day. One of our mantras at work... Seems to be true and helps beat the 5 character minimum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 606 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 525 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 409 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.