Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Breathing difficulties
Breathing difficulties
Hi, I'm a long term user of a ResMed CPAP about 8yrs, it took me a long time to adjust to the machine now I find I can't sleep without it. I had an operation a little while ago and I had to stay in recovery much longer as my oxygen levels were too low. On return to the ward I was not allowed to use my CPAP machine as I need oxygen but the alarm kept going off all night as my levels kept dropping too low.
I was referred to a Cardiologist and had a many tests and nothing found, thankfully. I have now got to the stage if I lay down even to read I need the machine as I just don't seem to be able to breath.
Just wondering if any other long term users have experienced anything like this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,130 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 385 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 489 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.