Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Dehydrated
Question 
Dehydrated
I always feel dehydrated using the Therapy. I have been sleeping without it one day a week and do not feel dehydrated on those days,

I have the humidity set @ 8 on my Machine

Aany suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dehydrated
In the absence of any other conditions (such as diabetes) you likely only have a dry mouth.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean that you feel dehydrated at night while you're using the machine or the next day?

I just started using CPAP in late December and have realized that wintertime in the mountains is a tough time to start off on this therapy.

I have been taking a warm shower right before bed to "steam" my nasal passages and also using saline rinse. I think I am going to need to invest in room humidifiers next. At the moment, the showers seem to be helping the most.

(02-13-2016, 08:18 PM)0rangebear Wrote: I always feel dehydrated using the Therapy. I have been sleeping without it one day a week and do not feel dehydrated on those days,

I have the humidity set @ 8 on my Machine

Aany suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
How to stay hydrated without causing urgent trips to the bathroom at night. Good hydration is probably more important with cpap. How you manage to go hose-free one night a week is a wonder to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why the wonder?
I feel better when I sleep without the machine. id that unusual?
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='green wings' pid='150323' dateline='1455417638']
Do you mean that you feel dehydrated at night while you're using the machine or the next day?

I just started using CPAP in late December and have realized that wintertime in the mountains is a tough time to start off on this therapy.

I have been taking a warm shower right before bed to "steam" my nasal passages and also using saline rinse. I think I am going to need to invest in room humidifiers next. At the moment, the showers seem to be helping the most.

Thanks Green wings. I will give the shower a try.
I feel dehydrated in the morning when I take off the mask and start my day. My moth nose and throat feel dry until around noon. I have been drink around 16 ounces or water in the morning to compensate

Post Reply Post Reply
I feel awful, tired and cranky all day if I don't use my bipap. I feel a bit dehydrated in the morning if I have excessive mask leak. What is the humidity level of your bedroom?
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not know what the humidity is in my Bedroom. But here in Colorado it runs around 30% in the winter.

My 95% leak rate is 9.8 L/min on the 30 day average
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2016, 11:24 PM)0rangebear Wrote: Why the wonder?
I feel better when I sleep without the machine. id that unusual?

Yes, that is unusual. This type of therapy is prescribed to improve health and make you feel better, and in general it is not prescribed if unnecessary. That said, if you are not feeling better then something is not right, and you will need to work on optimizing your therapy.

People on this board can help, but you will need to provide as many details as possible, be open to taking charge of your therapy, and learn how to improve it on your own,if your doctor is not helping you sufficiently.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard Orangebear!

Do you have a ClimateLine Heated hose? Using that and setting it on auto is supposed to automatically adjust the humidity based on the conditions of your room. It might help if you're not already using one.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.