Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Dizziness when I am using my mask...
RE: Dizziness when I am using my mask...
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for your kind help!

I have changed the pressure (as I was told) and now there is no problem with that...

Right now what I am trying to solve is that even though I am using the humidifier, I still wake up with dried mouth and actually sleeping only around 2 hours/session...I supposed to sleep minimum 5 hours with the help of the humidifier...
I am sure it will come...:-)

Many thanks again for the great support I have received from you all!

Good night everyone!

Em
Post Reply Post Reply
leaks will dry your nose, as will not enough humidity. Broken sleep is very common in the beginning. It takes a bit for the body to adjust.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OpalRose
Dear OpalRose,

Here is what you have asked for - I hope that will shed some lights on my case...:-)

Many thanks for your help!

Kind regards,
Em
Post Reply Post Reply
Emeritus,

Glad to see you have SleepyHead. Unfortunately the image you posted is hard to read and does not include the most important graphs. How you organize the data and which graphs you present is very important Please see the instructions here on how to organize your data: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Instructions on how to post you data using imgur are found here: http://www.loganville.online/download/image.pdf
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Emeritus,
Thanks for posting your graph.  
Most of your events are Obstructives, which calls for a higher minimum pressure.  Take it slow and move it upwards by .5cm and watch until you see improvement.

You show a slight problem with leaks.  Don't know if you are mouth breathing or your mask isn't a good fit.  If it's a mask issue, try using a liner with it.  If you are mouth breathing, even with a full face mask, this will cause the dry mouth you are experiencing.

I suggest trying a soft cervical collar.  This can help keep your mouth or jaw from dropping and may prevent the mouth breathing.  They are not expensive.

Are you still experiencing the dizziness?  If you are, I would let your doctor know, as I don't see anything in your data that would cause that, but I'm no doctor. Smile

Next time you post your data, the graphs we need to see are:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure,
Leak Rate and Snore.  Leave off the right side bar, also leave out calendar and pie chart.
This way, we can see more of the data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt the dizziness is caused by the pressure of 4 cm. We walk around all day breathing at a pressure of 0 cm and it doesn't make us dizzy or starved for air.

After visiting two different ENT's and a neurologist twice over a period of about 2½ years, and many tests and two imaging sessions, I finally saw a neuro-otoligist who specializes in dizziness and balance issues. After examining me and having me fill out a questionnaire that was about 8 pages long he concluded that the dizziness was caused by anxiety. Now, lest you think he was blowing me off because he couldn't find anything physical to blame it on, he had me visit with his in-clinic therapist and sent me home with exercises to do. It's obvious that this is common diagnosis, since he was fully prepared to treat it even though it's not vestibular.

I have a history of suffering from anxiety. I don't know if any of this is relevant to your situation, but I just thought I should mention it in case it might be.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepster
Hi Sleepster,

Many thanks for your input!

As I mentioned earlier, that dizziness happened only 2x and the interesting part was that in both times when I removed my mask then that weird sensation stopped right away...it was only 2 times...:-) 
Since that time I raised the pressure level too on my CPAP...

Many thanks for your kind help again!

Regards,
Em
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure settings are 7-20 and you don't have an AHI issue here, but there are a couple breaks in therapy. With the complaint of dizzyness, I think you should reduce EPR from 3 to 2 or even 1. That will actually help with the almost insignificant obstructive apneas you still have, and should help quite a bit with the sensation of dizzyness.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have developed a strong and scary dizziness Abrecaminos 7 214 Yesterday, 06:46 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,227 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 206 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,163 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CA Events and Morning Dizziness gold3n 3 480 09-12-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: gold3n
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 566 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,635 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.