Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Dizziness when I am using my mask...
Dizziness when I am using my mask...
Hi there!

First of all, many thanks for accepting me here! 

I have a question and it might have already been answered earlier...:-)

It happens from time to time that when I put the mask on I start feeling dizzy as I was inhaling some kind of gas which does not smell...when I remove the mask that dizziness stops right away...I wonder what causes that sense and/or what have I missed?

Many thanks for your kind help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dizziness when I am using my mask...
Hi Emeritus,
I'm not sure about the dizziness, but if your using a pressure of 4 with a full face mask, then that can give you a feeling of being air starved. It could cause you to feel lightheaded if your not getting enough air flow.

Try raising your pressure to at lease 6 or 7.

Also, which AirSense 10 are you using? The A10 Cpap, A10 AutoSet, or A10 Elite?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board Emeritus!  Glad you found us!  Lots of helpful, knowledgeable people here with tons of experience.  Hope you get your problem sorted out quickly!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose,

Many thanks for your reply!

I have been using AirSense10 Autoset.

That dizziness happens from time to time...it is as if you are going to faint soon...this started when I got this new tube with the humidifier...that dizziness does not happen all the time...

About level 4: I was told that I should use it on that level but let's see how it works on a higher level...after all, it has only been  for nearly 2 months that I have been using a CPAP.

Many thanks again for your kindness!

Em
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cate1898
Dear Cate1898,

Many thanks for your message! It was really nice of you!

Enjoy this wonderful afternoon!

Kind regards,
Em
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:.this started when I got this new tube with the humidifier

The tubes come in different diameters (even though the end connections are all the same size). It might be that your hose diameter setting is wrong on your machine. I don't think that would cause your symptoms, but it might be worth checking anyway.

Welcome to the group!
Post Reply Post Reply
Emeritus,
Are you able to get a reading from your machine's display, like the 90% pressure, and what your AHI is?

If you are able, download the free #SleepyHead software and send us a screenshot of your data.
Follow the tutorials in my signature line for organizing graphs and uploading from imgur.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DeepBreathing
Hi DeepBreathing,

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

I will check it and re-set the pressure as I was advised before as well!

Many thanks again!

Kind regards,
Em
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Emeritus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Just hang in there with CPAP therapy, it can take some getting used to; it does get better over time.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trish6hundred
Dear Trish6hundred,

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

Kind regards,
Em
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  [CPAP] CA Events and Morning Dizziness gold3n 3 452 09-12-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: gold3n
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,772 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,211 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.