Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Even more tired today
RE: Even more tired today
You actually have predominately central apnea, both in your sleep test and in your CPAP results. Your results here are pretty good, however looking at your results summary, we see predominately central events and fragmented sleep sessions. I recommend the following setting changes:

Mode CPAP
Pressure 6.0 (increase pressure as needed for comfort and any obstructive events)
EPR OFF

This should eliminate the centrals and control any obstructive events (zero in the last graph).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good work on getting that sleep study results on hand. After trying Sleeprider's suggested settings, give us a chart to see how it's working. Then a follow-up after a few days also to see a trend. Here's to near future successes.

Coffee

PS it may help to note down "How you feel" after a sleep session, make comments on it here, as it helps indicate how well you're doing with therapy. My opinion but AHI numbers AND how you feel are both important.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 08:20 AM)trance Wrote: Some sleepyhead data for input (thanks in advanceSmile

Looking back to where you started with this I see you were in CPAP fixed pressure mode with a pressure setting of 8 cm, and were getting a central index of about 3.0. Your most recent charts seem to suggest higher pressure increases your central apneas. My thoughts would be to turn off the EPR and set a minimum pressure of 6 cm and maximum of 7 to see what that does. If snoring or flow limitation cause the machine to run the pressure up to 7 all the time and create centrals, and the snoring does not bother you, then you could go full circle and try fixed CPAP again at 6 cm this time. It would be helpful to see traces for both snoring and flow limitations to see what is driving the pressure up. Bump the leak rate trace down to make room.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider is the pro here. follow his advice.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ii aslo have read and noticed from my experience that you might not feel a big difference rite away it might take awhile to feel the affects. I have read it taking up to about 6 months . Each of us is different.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, what is Epr ??
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2018, 02:00 AM)Eleonoro Wrote: Sorry, what is Epr ??

EPR = Expiration Pressure Relief, in users with complex apnea it is suggested to turn it off to see if it helps reduce the CA figures.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-17-2018, 08:34 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You actually have predominately central apnea, both in your sleep test and in your CPAP results.  Your results here are pretty good, however looking at your results summary, we see predominately central events and fragmented sleep sessions.  I recommend the following setting changes:

Mode CPAP
Pressure 6.0 (increase pressure as needed for comfort and any obstructive events)
EPR OFF

This should eliminate the centrals and control any obstructive events (zero in the last graph).
Been trying to get back to the forum... for some reason I can only log in while 'wired' to the modem. Any way, here are a couple screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi trance,
Do you feel better now that you have started PAP therapy? Or did you feel better before you started?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2018, 02:40 PM)Mogy Wrote: Hi trance,
Do you feel better  now that you have started  PAP therapy? Or did you feel better before  you started?

Mogy, I must admit I do not feel better. But, I am still hopeful. I am still trying to get the settings, etc. right. The chin strap seems to help a little and I picked up a cervical collar today to try -- the only one at the  drugstore was a one-size-fits-all, so not sure it will work for me. (BTW, I do feel worse than I did when beginning PAP in January, but apnea is not the only issue.) Thank you for asking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 161 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 247 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,027 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 521 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 260 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 313 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,474 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.