Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Fake or real OA - back sleep and diaphragm breathing
Question 
Fake or real OA - back sleep and diaphragm breathing
Though my AHI 3.7 last night was the ever best in 1 month treatment, I was half awake for the whole night. I purposely slept on my back and used diaphragm breathing at around 3am for around 30 minutes. Most of the CA and OA events were recorded during this period. Yet the float rate, tidal volume and SpO2 were the highest. There was no unintentional leak. I felt great for that 30 minutes. There were intermittent breaks during diaphram breathing which I think is normal.

Are the CA and OA real? Or the higher AHI from back sleep and diaphram breathing something no need to worry about?

http://imgur.com/Jx3rPd5

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fake or real OA - back sleep and diaphragm breathing
A higher AHI when on you back is common. If you were awake or partially awake, then the events are not real.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 44 1,078 14 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 284 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 510 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.