Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Fatigue
Gross 
Fatigue
I have a question re: fatigue. My AHI numbers average any where from 10-4. Lately I've been experiencing fatigue. It starts after 8 hrs of activity and will progressively get worse. After about a week I become totally exhausted. Is this normal? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Sincerely,

Mr. Fatigue
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fatigue
Welcome Chunchon. Whether there is an underlying cause for it that is outside of your Sleep Apnea is really hard to tell unless you are able to post some screenshots of a couple nights using Sleepyhead software. Just do a search here on the forum and you will find explanations of what it is and how to organize your charts. You have a very good up to date machine that collects data on an SD card inside the machine. Just make sure you lock the SD card (flick the little switch on the side of so that it rests on the closed padlock) so that your computer cannot write to it when you import the data into Sleepyhead on your computer!

I don't think you have enough posts yet to post attachments but you should be able to use Imgur to post your screenshots. Some of the more experienced members like Sleeprider and others will be along shortly I'm sure and they can offer you more specific advice on if anything can be changed on the settings for your CPAP machine to address the fatigue you are experiencing.

If your fatigue is related to the settings on your machine or even the use of your machine, have no fear. The members here can more than likely help you. I will say your AHI numbers are on the high side and could very well be affecting your fatigue. But without seeing some hard data it is really hard to say for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Chunchon,

You can download Sleepyhead here: https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

See the links in my signature for a sleepyHead guide, and instructions on how to configure the graphs and post them. You will need three more posts on the forum before you will be able to post data.

Your AHI numbers are higher than they should be for effective therapy. Consistently below 5 is generally considered effective therapy. You can probably do better than that with help from this forum. But we will need to see data first.

What you are experiencing doesn't sound normal to me.

Feel free to ask questions. We want to help you feel better.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Those links in your signature line are truly useful Melman. I hope you don't mind I copied them to my own as well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! I'm sure that it'll help to get your AHI to a lower number.

Since getting on xPAP, my fatigue has disappeared! Then just the other day my energy plummeted, and I felt like I did before xPAP. I realized I'd accidentally eaten soy... and I know soy to make me feel exhausted. So perhaps there has been some other lifestyle or dietary factor that has stepped in recently and contributed to your fatigue? (Just thought I'd toss that out there.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 05:26 PM)chunchon Wrote: I have a question re: fatigue. My AHI numbers average any where from 10-4. Lately I've been experiencing fatigue. It starts after 8 hrs of activity and will progressively get worse. After about a week I become totally exhausted. Is this normal? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Sincerely,

Mr. Fatigue

Mr. F, I suspect your pressure is set too low, but we will need more details to make a recommendation.  I assume you know your AHI from looking at the screen on the machine.  Can you please also check for the breakdown of OA, CA and H and also your 90% pressure.  All are available on the screen.  If not, go into the clinical settings (push control knob and home button at the same time, enter clinical settings) and scroll down to Essentials and change from ON to PLUS.  This will give you the full therapy data on-screen in 1, 7 and 30 day averages.   I'd like to see you post #Sleepyhead charts, but I'll take what I can get.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 05:56 PM)Marillion Wrote: Those links in your signature line are truly useful Melman.  I hope you don't mind I copied them to my own as well!

How could I mind. I copied them from Sleeprider Smile
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll load the SD card later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. I upload the SD card to SleepyHead. Let me know if you are able to see it. Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2017, 04:23 PM)chunchon Wrote: Hello. I upload the SD card to SleepyHead. Let me know if you are able to see it. Many thanks

I see no link to your data. Are you asking if we can see your data now that you've uploaded from the SD card to SleepyHead on your computer but done nothing else? If so, it doesn't work that way. You need to get a screenshot of your SleepyHead data and post it here in the forum using Imgur. See the links below for instructions on how to organize your data and post it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 586 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,070 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 647 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Extreme fatigue despite "low" (<5) AHI Uphold9887 38 3,403 08-23-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Treatment] Need help with severe fatigue and brain fog - AirCurve 10 ASV (Help with settings) MUARS 20 1,884 08-15-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Daytime fatigue w/ lower AHI, higher number of CA quartet3424 6 1,115 07-17-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.