Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Fatigue
RE: Fatigue
[Image: g3P0qjO.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
We usually prefer to see the Daily chart, but the Statistics tells us you are using a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in fixed pressure mode at 10 cm with EPR at 3. This gives you an effective bilevel pressure of 10/7. You are having 4.5 obstructive apnea per hour and 1.5 hypopnea, and nearly no clear or central apnea and your average AHI is just over 6. That's a bit high, and you have the tools to easily address it.

You would be better off switching to Autoset mode, with a minimum pressure at 9 and maximum pressure at 14 and you can continue to use EPR at 3. This should result in higher pressure as needed to address the OA. It would be better to see the Daily chart so we can see the pattern of apnea, and whether there is accompanying snores and flow limits. This is the kind of chart we're talking about. This is described in the links in my signature.

[Image: shchartordex.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good day... I've read your recommendations and would like to implement them but I'm not sure what you mean by Auto ramp. I just need to set the ramp time to Auto?
I will send a screenshot with the Daily Report data this evening thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto ramp uses the machine sensors to detect sleep onset and ends the ramp automatically. Although your profile shows your pressure range of 4-9, you are actually using 9.0 fixed pressure with a ramp from 4.0. With EPR at 3, your effective pressure is 9/6. You are having excessive events, and would benefit from going to Autoset mode at 8-14 pressure.

Ramp should be reset to Auto, and probably with an increased minimum pressure of 6.0. Whoever setup your machine did you no favors.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to thank you and everyone reply that's running about 15 the information you've handed me has been a great help and comforting to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel I will contact my doctor immediately I'll probably make a change how keep you and everyone there informed on my progress thank you so much
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: g3P0qjO.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
http://imgur.com/a/MWxKX
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: N05r1mk.png]
[Image: nYWBvlk.png]
[Image: fNBiAVL.png]
[Image: xnp5aSY.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll stick with my prior suggestion of Auto mode at 8-14 pressure. You do need to try more pressure, and auto mode is going to get you where you need to be, a lot better than the fixed mode you are currently using. Do you know how to change the settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2017, 09:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'll stick with my prior suggestion of Auto mode at 8-14 pressure.   You do need to try more pressure, and auto mode is going to get you where you need to be, a lot better than the fixed mode you are currently using.  Do you know how to change the settings?

Thanks,I don't have a clue how set the machine to auto mode. I tried but was unsuccessful Iwould appreciate it if you could guide me through the steps
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 269 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,161 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 606 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,205 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 675 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Extreme fatigue despite "low" (<5) AHI Uphold9887 38 3,533 08-23-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.