Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please. Which new CPAP machine?
Please. Which new CPAP machine?
My husband has an old Remstar 1005960 CPAP machine that has been wonderful; but near the end. So many to chose from we are overwhelmed with the choices.

What CPAP machine do you use and would highly recommend?

Thanks,
zzzzcouple
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please. Which new CPAP machine?
I would recommend the ResMed S9 AutoSet, but wouldn't argue with anyone recommending the PR System One Auto.

This would be a good topic for the main forum...would probably get more responses there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2013, 07:03 PM)zzzzcouple Wrote: What CPAP machine do you use and would highly recommend?

Thanks,
zzzzcouple
I use ResMed S9 AutoSet but if wanted to stay with Respironcis, go with Phillips Respironcis System One Auto A/Flex. You cannot go wrong with either, both are data capable machines, uses SD card and the software download is available for free. Data tells you how the treatment is doing otherwise not a thing without it

Machines names are confusing, here some of the models and brands to avoid http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Edit: Supplier #2 have the lowest prices, if you happen to be in Australia and avoid being ripped-off ... suppliers #2 and #10 ship internationally
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zzzzcouple,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use the Resmed S9AutoSet but Respironics has some good machines, just make sure you get a fully data-capable machine, and check out the link in zonk's post above about which machines are good and which ones to avoid.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

You can't go wrong with the ResMed or Philips Respironics machines that have been mentioned already.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on your doctor's prescription, someone might try to persuade you to get a fixed-pressure CPAP machine (eg. ResMed Elite or Philips Respironics 60 Series Pro). Depending on your financial situation, an Auto-CPAP machine (eg. ResMed AutoSet or Philips Respironics 60 Series Auto) is not really much more expensive, and will typically provide better treatment. Have them set it up in fixed-pressure mode according to your doctor's prescription, then get the Clinician Manual and change the settings yourself to Auto with a range around your prescribed setting.

I originally bought the PRS1 Pro, and a month or so later bought a PRS1 Auto to replace it, since I found that my pressure needs tended to vary through the night and night-to-night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 313 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 634 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 204 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,751 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 370 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,294 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.