Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Headache
Headache
I've been using a cpap for about one week so far.  I didn't have a morning headache anymore for several days after I started use.  But the past few mornings I have woke up with a headache again.  Also, I feel like I'm not feeling it blowing in my face as much when I put my mask on.  I don't know if it's cuz I'm getting used to it or what.  Its set on ramp and I'm also wondering if thats why I don't feel the air much when I first put the mask on although I think I did feel it in the beginning.  My machine instructions also say that it senses when i fall asleep and then increases the pressure I guess.  I'm just wondering if the morning headaches returning means that I'm not getting enough air pressure or something or that my oxygen levels drop when I'm sleeping.  I've checked the pressure when I'm on my cpap and it gets to the set pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headache
Post an OSCAR chart. Let's see what is actually going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum SandyW.

I got a mild but persistent headache from the ResMed headgear being fairly skinny and tight on the back of my head. But that lasted all day, every day, until I changed out the ResMed headgear with PR Amara View headgear on my ResMed F30 mask. Now no headaches.

If you think this may be a contributor to headaches, you may have to get creative to find a solution. You don't mention what full face mask you have. I might assume the F20. If so, I don't know of alternative headgear that would work. But you might be able to find a hat or beanie that could distribute the pressure better.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SandyW.
I am a longtime cpap user and never experienced headaches ever until last year when I switched to the ResMed full-face F30 mask. I have a small, skinny head and needed to tighten the straps to prevent leaks. Like RayBee, my headaches were mild, but persistent and lasted all day. I switched to the F30i, another full-face mask that was much more comfortable, then went back to the AirFit P10, my preferred, longtime nasal pillows mask. I added a soft cervical collar (Caldera Releaf Neck Rest) in addition to mouth tape. I also took liquid turmeric to calm the headaches. Things are better now. Be patient with yourself and don't be afraid to try new things. This Forum is a great resource.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I should have referenced the headgear change to Amara View.

ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all the info and advice....it is very appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very Low AHI Still Extremely Tired / Waking with Headache exchanged 1 438 01-23-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Forehead headache and brainfogging even after A-CPAP jsa0609 2 670 11-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 626 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night Jarlo 19 2,096 06-26-2023, 09:49 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Diagnosis] Low AHI and Headache: Compare Stats Request haikuclue 8 918 06-26-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Marillion
  Constant sinus headache getzall 3 557 02-20-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: getzall
  extreme headache ASV Moemah123 1 558 07-29-2022, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.