Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep study and the algorithm of the machinery
RE: Sleep study and the algorithm of the machinery
I've had both the Philips Respironics Bipap ASV (can't remember the model number) and the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV. There was a very noticeable difference in the way the two machines respond to inhale and exhale. The PR tried to force me to conform to its rhythm, driving my breathing at a rate which was not at all comfortable. I found it very hard to get to sleep with the PR machine and was constantly hitting the ramp button - which of course is completely counter-productive. I now realise there are a lot of settings available on the PR which might have overcome these issues but at the time I took the machine as provided.

The Resmed seems to work with me. It responds to my breathing rather than trying to force me to adopt its pace. The transition from inhale to exhale is much smoother. It is a much gentler machine which soothes me to sleep, where the PR kept me awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2014, 05:17 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I now realise there are a lot of settings available on the PR which might have overcome these issues but at the time I took the machine as provided.

Also, as you adapt to CPAP therapy things that used to bother you no longer do.

Quote:The Resmed seems to work with me. It responds to my breathing rather than trying to force me to adopt its pace. The transition from inhale to exhale is much smoother. It is a much gentler machine which soothes me to sleep, where the PR kept me awake.

That's all that matters! Sleep-well

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, my machine is the S9 Vpap Adaptsv. I was checking just checking back in at the online dealer I bought it from. the price has gone down $1700 dollars since I bought it less than six months ago. This business is just too smart for me. I liked my dumb old life much better.

I will be back this evening. Thanks. It still takes me 8 hours to recover from a night of so called sleep. I have the new sleep study result pressures in my machine and am bearing with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,
I have here the new sleep study. It is very different from my first sleep study.

The technician loading the new pressures in the machine referred to me as having CSA. He had never seen me before and was reading off my sleep study. No where on the sleep study does it say Central Sleep Apnea.

The Doctors Impression: OSA(327.23) on ASV retitrated
Epap min 5
Epap max 10
PS 0
PS 12
----------------
max pressure 25

I wake up with the mask off every night. I put the mask on again and manage a few hours of sleep often waking with the mask leaking.

When I look at the machine upon awakening I see this:
The machine shows a happy face with an AHI of .3

..... and I feel like I have been dragged across a field of cow flops with an old tractor with no muffler.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.