Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] I am not feeling like I am getting restorative sleep.
I am not feeling like I am getting restorative sleep.
I've been using my CPAP regularly for months with the exception of a month or so post septoplasty/turbinoplasty round 2. Every morning regardless of AHI I feel tired and drained with this morning as no exception. (attached 0 AHI)> I stumbled upon this forum and Oscar data through Reddit and thought you kind folks may be able to look at my data and see if I am missing something. 

This experience has been odd for me. I have hope that I'll feel better but guys I feel like a zombie and have brain fog on a daily basis. I've lost 30 pounds intentionally with in the past 6 months, gave up coffee and nicotine (only tea), and only taking vitamin B12 and D on a nightly basis. I should be happy that I have 0 AHI but I feel like I've gotten the worst sleep last night. Any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I am not feeling like I am getting restorative sleep.
Welcome to Apnea Board,

My personal experience is that being on a CPAP device was a bit hard to get used to, not only in the physical doing the mask on and machine on stuff, but the near drastic respiratory changes the machine creates. My apnea breathing was undiagnosed for several years, and it would follow naturally that for several years I've subjected my body to attacks to my health. Along comes a machine to reverse that and the body reacts like something bad is happening to move the needle back over to normal. The body has acclimated itself to a bad scenario and it does take a bit of time to adjust back.

Great numbers like that alone are not the full story. How you feel is the other and more important half of the story. The best advice I have is to stick with it and post OSCAR images a few times to see if there's anything in your therapy we can suggest needs adjusting to become better. If you're getting zero's frequently, and still feel badly, it may be time to address this with doc. Maybe there's other medical reasons that were hidden beneath the apnea symptoms.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There may be other things going on to make you feel tired, are you on any medication tiredness can be caused by many other things not just sleep apnoea. Now your OSA is treated you need to look at other things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply! I have a rheumatologist looking into autoimmune things so maybe that's it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Certainly keep us updated, and best wishes you get the answers needed and can catch the elusive rest.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that I get very low AHI readings (like .1 or 0) when I am not really sleeping. When I am restless during the night, I may be dozing off a lot, but not getting into real non-rem and rem sleep. You may want to check with your doctor to try a sleep aid to help you fall asleep -- and see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 548 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.