Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Increase in apnea events
Increase in apnea events
Since getting a new Full face mask, F20 touch for her, I have been registering 98-100% on my Airsense 10 but my apnea events have increased from approx. 1-3 per night to 6-8 per night.  Any suggestions as to why?  I love this new face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increase in apnea events
G'day Chay. Welcome to Apnea Board.

First question is: Are you getting that many apneas per night or per hour? Because there's a big difference, and we normally talk about the average number per hour.

Second question: What type of mask were you using before?

It's not unusual to need small pressure changes when changing from one type of mask to another. I found my AHI went up slightly when I changed to the Simplus mask but a small increase in my minimum pressure soon fixed that. Your minimum is set at 4 which is the lowest the machine can provide - as a guess (and in the absence of any other data) I'd suggest you bump it up to 6 and see if that makes any difference.

If you'd like more detailed advice, then we need to see some charts from #SleepyHead. You can download it for free and it will give you far more information than you ever thought possible!
Post Reply Post Reply
The apnea events are per hour.  I don’t have a desktop so am unable to download Sleepyhead.  I can’t find an iPad app.
I will increase my pressures to see if it helps.  I know how to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chay, the type of events determines what we recommend that you do. Your profile indicates that your pressure is set close to default pressures of 4-16. If the type of apnea events are obstructive (OA) or hypopnea, then an increase in minimum pressure is a likely recommendation.

In your clinical settings (control knob + home button), you can find an options for "Essentials". By changing that setting from ON to PLUS, you can get an enhanced sleep report on-screen. This will break down the OAI, CAI and HAI for any day, week, month, etc. We can probably help you better if you take a look at that on screen Essentials Sleep report and let us know what you see.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi chay5301,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much.  I’ve done as instructed and changed the pressure.  I’ll see what happens tonight
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not something I know how, but I think you can run a virtual windows app with free cloud storage for programs?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 347 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.