2SleepBetta Online

Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10, Amara View
Humidifier: AirSense 10
CPAP Pressure: 8 to 15 cm H20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: 76YO/1st APAP 9/2015 RDI=51, now <1/recording wrist oximeter CMS50I

Sex: Male

Interpret troubling flow & respiration rates
I'd appreciate an interpretation of a set of graphs from 12/22-23/15 sleep, which I hope to post next in this thread.

Thinking the strange-to-this-newbie Flow graphs I've been seeing were distorted by ECR3, I set ECR to zero (for the first time) last night. I selected the worst of several resulting examples which I hope will be permitted and shown in my next (8th) post.

As the graphs show, the Flow limitations are not that lengthy, high nor coincident with the sawtoothing and the Leak is moderate.

Yes, it appears that the many top-outs of Respiration
Rates above 50 reflects counting many, maybe all, of the local sawtooth peaks between two successive flow minimums (one "breath").

Using ECR3 my AHI's have been running <1.0 and near or at zero; the related Flow wave forms have a lot of "bumps" but do rise to and fall from a definite maximum in each cycle.

I have a CMS50I on order and am guessing it would have shown a lot of desats last night.

Maybe with this post I'll have 8 posts and will be permitted to (learn and) use appropriate links to Imgur. I hope including the surprisingly large image in my next post will be OK this time
12-24-2015 03:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
2SleepBetta Online

Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10, Amara View
Humidifier: AirSense 10
CPAP Pressure: 8 to 15 cm H20

Other Comments: 76YO/1st APAP 9/2015 RDI=51, now <1/recording wrist oximeter CMS50I

RE: Interpret troubling flow & respiration rates
Here, I hope, are the graphs I mentioned--or a link to them.

(12-24-2015 03:21 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote:  I'd appreciate an interpretation of a set of graphs from 12/22-23/15 sleep, which I hope to post next in this thread....

Maybe with this post I'll have 8 posts and will be permitted to (learn and) use appropriate links to Imgur. I hope including the surprisingly large image in my next post will be OK this time

[Image: WNhQsYh.png]
12-24-2015 03:26 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Those wiggles in the flow rate are being interpreted as a transition to/from inhale; sending the computed BPM artificially high.
Are you snoring during the time interval?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2015 05:44 AM by justMongo.)
12-24-2015 05:44 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0

Other Comments:

I agree and yes Mongo I have seen Hunt for the Red October a number of times. I am also wondering if the jagged flow rate curves may be due to a machine problem.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2015 12:40 PM by PaytonA.)
12-24-2015 12:38 PM
vsheline Online

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Hi 2SleepBetta,

To see your true respiration rate, count only the deep exhalations (the deep excursions downward in the Flow). Looks to me like your true respiration rate was about 15 or 16 breaths per minute, which is very common.

Perhaps you were snoring?

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2015 03:26 PM by vsheline.)
12-24-2015 03:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Source of Resmed S9 EPR reverse flow whistle! neal 5 246 12-01-2016 07:22 PM
Last Post: klv329
  Flow Rate Interpretation nadprok 2 220 11-13-2016 06:08 PM
Last Post: nadprok
  [Equipment] Modding Resmed FX pillow mask, no turbo air flow DaveDog 9 352 10-23-2016 08:09 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Chenyes Stokes respiration netsurfer 3 405 09-15-2016 01:06 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Low respiration rate triggers central apnea clusters Grandpapa-G 6 536 09-06-2016 10:57 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Any way to determine REM sleep from Flow Rate? Roy289 18 1,136 08-31-2016 10:35 AM
Last Post: o1bob037
  Bizarre Sleepyhead Reading for Flow Limitation holden4th 7 470 07-24-2016 01:58 PM
Last Post: vsheline