Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Itchy Nose
Itchy Nose
I have been waking up in the middle of night with a very itchy nose. I would be be grateful for you any solutions to this frustrating problem?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Itchy Nose
What kind of mask are you using ans what is your humidifiers set at?
Post Reply Post Reply
tfm0891, thank you for getting back to me.

I am using the FX Mirage mask. As to the humidifier settings, I will have to check when I get home this evening but believe that I have the setting in the higher range; indeed the inside of my nose has a tendency to get dry easily.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi westhouse1983,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
They make a moisturizing cream for CPAP users, you can find it at any of the suppliers listed here on the board. It doesn't have patrolium in it so you won't run the risk of breaking down the silicon in your mask cushion. Another thing you could try is HPA lanolin cream, (found in the baby isle of most stores,) no patrolium in it either.
You might also try turning your humidifier up a notch and see if that helps with your dry nose.
Hope this helps and Best of luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tfm0891,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using Aloe Vera gel around my nostrils (using pillows) Seems to work well.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me actually back up a second here. Itchy where? Outside of the nose? At the nostrils? Just inside the nose (ie. within scratching reach)? Or far into the nose?

For anything that is scratch-able, I simply lift up my mask and scratch, then replace the mask. I don't find the need to fully remove the mask and turn off the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.