Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] New User Help with OSCAR data please
Sad 
New User Help with OSCAR data please
Hello,

I am new here, but have been on CPAP therapy for 10+ years.  My doctor (who only wants to see me once a year) thinks I am doing fine. However I feel really tired most of the time even though I use the CPAP (Resmed S9) every night.  I recently downloaded the OSCAR software just to see if I could get a look at what it might tell me.

I was startled this morning when I saw the number of event flags!  Also the number of CA events.  I am no doctor, but it looks to me like I am not doing that well with this machine at the current settings. The machine indicates that it has almost 20,000 hours accumulated now.  I am attempting to attach some screen shots of last night's information.  I am not familiar with how to insert files as thumbnails so I apologize if these images don't show correctly.

Can someone let me know how this compares with other results?  Is any of this normal?  I have asked for an updated sleep study and a new machine, but the doctor hasn't agreed. 

Thank you so much!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User Help with OSCAR data please
Hi Bellmead,
It looks like you have the EPR set at 3, which is known to trigger Clear Airway events in some folk.
I would turn it down to 1 or even off, and see if that makes a difference.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply OpalRose. I will try that to see if it makes a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing you have been on cpap for 10 years, I can't see those CA going away soon. I would change doctors and get a sleep study for an ASV, a machine that treats CA.
There are also leaks or mouth breathing with the nasal mask that need fixing. I doubt your minute vent is 3.8 L/min, with a breath rate of 9. Unless you are obese and could have OSA, which may need another machine. The bottom line is you need a sleep study to see what is going on.
Are you on opiates? That can also mess up your breathing and apnea
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 48 6 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.