Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] New User Resmed Auto 10 Her - Not sure what is going on?
RE: New User Resmed Auto 10 Her - Not sure what is going on?
Agreed with everything Ratchick has said. The CA on your test result, CA/Central Apnea were at least equal to OA/Obstructive Apnea, so the ASV is to be considered.

Many doctors still ignore CA as not being a big deal. Trust me they are a very big deal to one that has them at least like yours. Mine are many times worse so I understand Centrals a lot more than most doctors.

I know Obstructive Apnea is a higher level of concern, but Central Apnea needs to be close behind when they're nearly equal in numbers.

I don't know how your medical coverage and all that works in your country, but do this, begin a sleep diary that lists your symptoms and complaints about the therapy. Include fatigue, not well rested feeling, headaches, and so on that you experience. Express your concern over higher Central than Obstructive events on your study. Ask when they treat your Centrals.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,

Good morning from Singapore!  I am pleasantly surprise.  The result has changed drastically.  After i changed the pressure range 5 -9.  Switched off: Ramp.  ERP to 1.  I don't know how to read the graphs but read at the Big Number it seems it did improved? or i am not certain it did  Coffee  However, during my sleep, at time my throat did felt something.  It is like when i was swallowing my saliva I felt my throat was present to block that action.

I appreciate your kind comments on my last night report please.   Thanks

Between, can someone guide me how do i print screen from my Oscar report and attach it here?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're on a Windows PC, to capture an OSCAR screenshot use the F12 key. Then you can add an Attachment by using the New Attachment, like in this image.

[attachment=39011]

As for your current chart and the results, it's gotten better but the Central Apnea are still untreated at 7 CAI. You might need to turn EPR off completely. But be aware lowering EPR will possibly cause more Obstructive events, especially flow limits. This is the balancing issue with events, what I call the Central Apnea teeter-totter dilemma.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for your comment.  The CAI will have to be Zero?

Let me try out again tonight to switch the ERP Off completely.  

I have a question, what happen if i switch the ERP Off and it still does not give me a CAI result of Zero.  Will i need to consider to ditch away the CPAP and try on the ASV?

In Singapore, unfortunately the therapy is not cover by the insurer.  We are paying the therapy with our hard cash.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR goes to zero but CA just need to get down to a comfortable for you level, maybe CAI 3 or so.

You'll need to decide if you can't avoid enough CA with this machine, then a ResMed AirCurve 9 or 10 ASV will be your new best friend. 9 series is fine, it has a different case than your 10 series, and 9s have a separate, external humidifier where 10s are integrated. Both 9 and 10 series ASV will work great if that's what you choose to buy. You can shop used if you can get it. Look for how many hours it has on it. 20,000 is about end of life for these. You can always ask where we think, in your thread here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, as Dave says - chasing zeroes isn't always in a person's best interest. but lower than seven is definitely good to aim for. Let's see if turning off the EPR completely helps any more, and we can go from there. Fingers crossed!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone here,

Is something new to me today.  I switched off the ERP completely yesterday.  Not sure i am starting to read the report correctly, was there a large leak?

I have a chat with the Polysomnographic Technologist yesterday.  She said EPR is just a comfort setting.  She said if my CA persist, she said she will give me a Fixed CPAP with no ERP.  She said, will need to find out the cause of my centrals, if its heart related and ejection fraction is less than 45, then ASV will kill me faster.  She said no one uses ASV anymore.  Resmed does not sell in Singapore.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,

My yesterday report.  Not certain why it was not included in my previous message.
Post Reply Post Reply
The person that told you nobody uses ASV lied to you. I used to use it, Ratchick just got one, numerous others that have CA use it. Nope not buying the false statement.

Scare tactic, ASV will kill. No it won't.

The LVEF measurement is based off a flawed test called SERVE-HF. The point of resistance for issuing ASV is for those with congestive heart failure. You would know if this pertains to you. Do you have any heart illnesses? As for the LVEF percentage, I tested at 55% and I have high blood pressure and heart PVCs (preliminary ventricular contractions). After 2 years of ASV, my be cardiac doc tested me with a echocardiogram as part of a full work-up, then LVEF was 63%.

Note that Central Apnea are consistently inconsistent, they go up and down per chart. And in this chart, CA were back up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I will continue to monitor the condition.  As Cathyf mentioned previously it could be the therapy as my body has not adjusted to it.  I have been suffering from insomnia for the past few months, condition has improved lately but not because of the APAP.  I will see whether the APAP can be adjusted to a "sweet spot" to manage my OSA and CA.  

If the CA Index is still predominant, i think the right thing to do is to identify any underlying lungs or heart condition.  The doctor has schedule me for a Full Echocardiography and a Nuclear Cardiology.  I am not certain what these investigation can do for me but is available.

If anyone has any advice at the meantime, i appreciate your sharing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,634 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 288 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Cool [Pressure] Finally a Resmed user!!! Need Help!!! :) mrsleepyhead2001 2 186 04-01-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,576 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 240 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 443 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 447 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.