Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] New machine and some hiccups
RE: New machine and some hiccups
Hi again! Here are the results from the last two nights (still at a pressure of 9), as well as the full results from my sleep study. I hope this helps. Thanks as always for the guidance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   20190820082259PHILLIPS, Peter 2.pdf (Size: 236.97 KB / Downloads: 10)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the sleep study.  All I am seeing is normal daily variation.

That tells me that IMHO you should be on 6 cmw.  I would like you to try 6 for a few days.  If you have change it because it is uncomfortable, try 7 or 8, but I would like you to try 6 

honestly, I'm not sure that will work either, but we need to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,

Here are my results from 6 nights, with a fixed 6 as you recommended. AHI stayed pretty consistent for the first night, then dropped significantly for two nights straight, then spiked back up, oddly. Sleeps themselves have been...alright, though a bit tired during the day for some of these days. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sorry, apparently you can only upload 5 files at once maximum. Here's the data from the final night. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mind trying fixed 5 cmw
This is below what I like pressure to be If it feels uncomfortable, bring pressure back up to comfort.

That said what I see is your apnea is consistently inconsistent, especially the central element and to a certain extent your hypopneas, Flow Limits, and RERAs also.
The best machine for you will be the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. 2 Keywords, ResMed and ASV. The ASV has the ability to adjust for both Central/Mixed apneas and obstructive events at the same time. The trouble will be convincing your doctor. We have done everything we can do with either a CPAP, APAP, or BiLevel to manage your apnea and failed. Your centrals are frequently going over 5. A lot will depend on your symptoms, your complaints about your sleep and your wake state tiredness.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,

Thanks for all of the help thus far. 5 didn't really work for me - the sleep was fine, but I didn't feel at all rested the next day. 

The advice about the other machine is helpful. I'll talk to my doctor about it. Unfortunately, I'm not covered for another machine for 2 more years (I think my plan includes a new machine every 2 years, and a new mask every 6 months). I'm going to start by tackling my mouth-opening problem first - I believe this is negatively affecting both my AHI and overall sleep / restfulness. Then I'll see about other machines and solutions for further reducing my AHI. 

Best,
Peter
Post Reply Post Reply
Most insurances allow for machine changes sooner if your symptoms have changed and are now not treated via your current level of xPAP. Your nightly results, complaint of issues told to your doctor about this that becomes documented into your chart, and then the doctor would agree to create a medical necessity report for an ASV.

As bonjour mentioned, when you pursue this, you want ResMed ASV. So when it's time to find a DME to dispense, either the script will need to say ResMed ASV and dispense as written, or you will need to work with a DME that will dispense the ResMed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,107 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,734 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,851 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Does CPAP cause hiccups? spacewrench 8 5,238 08-14-2022, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Naoko5
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,339 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,786 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  hiccups gingigingi13 6 2,331 06-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.