Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] May be Too Late for Me Too
RE: CPAP Machine Goes Bump in the Night
Ms Ratchick,

Thanks for the heads-up on the SoClean warranty exclusion.  Good to know.  I checked the ResMed online information and it appears the SoClean warranty exception/exclusion (am I saying that right?) only applies on machines sold after February 2020.  I got my current machine in early July 2016 (it was a warranty replacement because of failed memory card socket) and its warranty has expired anyway -- it was originally less than 5 years if I remember right.  I've pretty much stopped using the SoClean unit as I can't see that it does much of anything -- except possibly harm the CPAP machine as you mentioned and instill an unpleasant odor in the system for a few hours.

I also found something in ResMed documentation saying the CPAP's motor was affected (more 'motor noise').  It didn't mention anything about the 'thumps' I am starting the hear which don't sound like motor noises.  I've had no 'motor noise' increase that I can tell.  But then my hearing is lousy so I might not hear a change.  My wife would, however, but she has said nothing about it.

Thank you again as I might get a new machine soon after my 5 year anniversary and I don't want to do anything (such as use my SoClean system) to void its warranty.

Tubaman / Carl
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: May be Too Late for Me Too
Yeah, it was less about affecting your warranty (after all, this is a well-used five-year-old machine!) but more just to demonstrate that the ozone-cleaning systems can cause issues, really. It's possible that the thump could be from a seal issue (as others have mentioned) and certainly, ozone can potentially affect the plastics that are used, including the seals and gaskets. Sometimes motors themselves can cause a thud (though normally more regular). It's hard to know without seeing it.

Either way, hopefully, this one holds out until you can get a replacement. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 911 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,422 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  Can anyone access this latest article regarding UARS by the late Prof. Guilleminault? ChinaMan 7 1,420 10-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Too Late for CPAP? OldCoot 67 12,015 09-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 7,585 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Too Late? GTOdude 47 10,107 07-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.