Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] New to Board many years on CPAP
RE: New to Board many years on CPAP
If EPR is same as pressure relief it was not turned on in the normal user side
I turned it on in Clinical settings thinking that was it
moved the other number from 2 to 3.
I have several neck collars from my next fusion a few years ago, have tore the place apart can't fine any of them.
I'll pick one up tomorrow
I'm almost getting excited about this working correctly
TY
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the reviews in the Reviews forum and linked from the Soft Cervical Collar Wiki.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid355222
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Neck-Rest
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...cal-Collar

Chances are, your collar is too rigid. We are looking for a comfortable fit that does not constrict the throat, but prevents the chin from tucking. Lots of options, sizes and styles.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I thought I would have had better results I felt like I slept longer than it shows? I wake up to early
wish I could figure out this clipboard thing I am no computer wiz that's for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can see the distinct event clusters at 0020 and 0220 and then the smaller one at 0140. That's where the soft collar comes in to save the day. I'm not too sure any pressure setting edits helps out until that positional clustering is resolved.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, you did better on the layout, but we don't need to see all of the graphs.  

Rearrange to show the following:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Snores if you can fit it in.
Leave off Pie Chart and Calendar... this allows us to see what's needed.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Fit is important.  Measure the circumference of your neck and add a couple inches.  It should not restrict your movement but yet keep your head from dropping down when asleep.  Also, measure from the bottom of your chin to where your neck starts.
Folk with a short neck need a shorter collar, maybe 2-3", whereas a person with a longer neck can use a collar 3-4" in height.  
Check Amazon.

Now take into consideration your bed pillow.  Don't use a pillow that's too tall, this will cause your head to tilt forward.
A flatter pillow works better.  

If you are able, try to sleep on your side until you find a suitable collar.  Although, be aware that chin tucking occurs on your side too.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The huge clusters of OA will resolve once you find the right soft cervical collar. I think you're on the right track once you get the tool you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for the help I feel like I may really be making some progress! After several calls to the provider for my concerns with no help i was giving up.
got a collar this morning 12.29$ Carex brand now I'm almost looking forward to tonight.
after getting over the morning grogginess I am felling like I got some real rest.
the other thing I noticed last night I was breathing through my mouth waking with a really dry mouth
now need to find a chin strap I guess?

I am asking myself what has changed with my sleeping habits? I've been using a CPAP for at least 5 years and didn't seem to have this kind of problems?
I am trying to get another sleep test for the Inspire. Regardless if I qualify for it thought a good idea it's been 3 years since my last test which was not a home test
and was an Awful experience I really don't know how they got any real data with my restless nights test. I do not remember what the numbers were from the test but the Dr said is was one of the highest number of events she had ever seen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hold off on that chin strap until you've tried the collar. A proper fitting soft collar will help keep your jaw/mouth from opening.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2021, 01:08 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Hold off on that chin strap until you've tried the collar.  A proper fitting soft collar will help keep your jaw/mouth from opening.

oh good I was not looking forward to finding one!
getting some quality rest will hopefully get me thinking again.
this has been a real Snow Ball effect for me feel crappy during not able to function right and it repeats day after day. I'm sure I am not telling anything new just discovering again.
TY
Post Reply Post Reply

The collar took a bit to get positioned and still had an up and down night but may be gaining.
I had to turn off the pressure relief thing it was bugging me just when I was to doze off I'd choke.
turned the pressure up to 15 and used a tooth grinding mouth piece figured what do I have to loose.

I do sleep on my left side and used almost no pillow at all ,  the My Pillow travel size ones.
the pillow I'd been using is the full size My Pillow
I have a bed which is adjustable and have it just a little up can't go up much on my side since it bothers my shoulders and back.
TY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 181 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,338 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 499 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 681 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.