Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Nightly bathroom trips - will they go away?
Nightly bathroom trips - will they go away?
Hi everyone!

Im new here, and I recently was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have been using my CPAP for just under a wek now, and I still have to get up every 2 hours to pee. Before that however, I had to get up every 1-1½ hours, so I guess thats an improvement already.

So my question is this: Does anyone else have this, or had this? And can I expect it to go away so I can sleep a whole night without getting up? I realize that sleep apnea might not be the entire reason for the nightly pee breaks, but I was just wondering.

Thank you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nightly bathroom trips - will they go away?
YMMV, but you might find that with a little time, your midnight micturition runs Dancing might diminish.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...icturition
Post Reply Post Reply
In two years, I have gone from having to get up several times a night to only having to get up once every few nights. It depends on how much I drink in the evening now instead of arousals due to sleep apnea.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The number of times I get up to go to the bathroom has dropped significantly.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do your AHI numbers look on CPAP? 

If your AHI is low on CPAP,   nocturia ,if caused by OSA, should rapidly improve.  As you say there are other causes too and if nocturia persists get it checked out by your GP. 

Mine improved greatly, from 3 times a night to maybe once a night now, if that. Some nights I sleep for over 8 hours and don't have a single bathroom visit. I didn't realize prior to my diagnosis that nocturia is a symptom of apnea and am so happy that it has gone away!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2017, 06:48 AM)Timur Wrote: How do your AHI numbers look on CPAP? 

If your AHI is low on CPAP,   nocturia ,if caused by OSA, should rapidly improve.  As you say there are other causes too and if nocturia persists get it checked out by your GP. 

Mine improved greatly, from 3 times a night to maybe once a night now, if that. Some nights I sleep for over 8 hours and don't have a single bathroom visit. I didn't realize prior to my diagnosis that nocturia is a symptom of apnea and am so happy that it has gone away!

Im new to all this, but what is, and where do I see my AHI numbers again? I have yet to check out the software and such, so I only see whats on the display of my machine every morning Smile

Thank you all for the replies so far Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn the big knob to reports and push in.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2017, 09:07 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Turn the big knob to reports and push in.

When I scroll down, it says AHI 4.4 , Total AHI 3,1 and central AHI 1.5
Post Reply Post Reply
Loboix go ahead and start your own thread.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Back to Bathroom breaks. I was going about every hour before treatment. I thought at the time it was because of my prostate. After I started treatment it took a couple of months but I got down to once a night.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,855 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Oscar- How it categorizes these nightly events... Reesche 0 258 11-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  100+ CA Events Nightly haligonian 17 1,218 08-11-2023, 01:59 PM
Last Post: tdoty821
  Sleep horrible, number of nightly events have increased, charts provided. edyurgal 3 1,253 07-17-2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: edyurgal
  Good nightly AHI, but lungs feel a bit taxed and still a little tired 8TheGreat 2 664 06-06-2022, 10:27 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  [Equipment] How should I pause CPAP (ResMed AS11) for a bathroom break? ThinMountainAir 7 12,616 05-14-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  Nocturia (Frequent Bathroom Awakenings) + Shorter Sleep Nights Sleeper396 8 1,045 07-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.