Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] No machine
Sad 
No machine
I was diagnosed with apnea over 4 years ago, had the sleep study but never got back for a fitting. I was told that I had over 350 episodes of recorded apnea during my test(?). I now have no insurance and have many other health problems such as high blood pressure diabetes high cholesterol anxiety issues and was diagnosed 3 years ago as bipolar. I have lost over 70# but still need to loose more.
Now unemployed due to a bout of gout in knee which left arthritis there have noticed I wake up hot and flushed and sweating, tired all the time.
The free clinic I go to which is faith based has no connections for this type of help.
I am 49 and live in Fla. no income just food subsidies every month.
Anybody have any suggestions other than a bullet between the eyes?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No machine
There's only a few options for you. One is Craigslist. Do a search for CPAP in your area and see what pops up. But follow common sense rules and do not buy what you cannot see.

Since you will be essentially doing this on your own, I suggest you get a data capable machine so you can track the treatment ability. If one is available, get an autoPAP. Do not get a ResMed S8 as you need a special card reader. Avoid any ResMed with "Escape" in the name and any Phillips-Respironics with the word "Plus" in the name. They may be cheaper but with no data for you, you are playing pin the tail on the donkey in a huge dark warehouse with no one to tell you if you get it.

Some charities help with health issues and may be able to help with that. There's also filing for disability and applying for Medicaid.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
American Sleep Apnea Association (ASSA) run CPAP assistance program
Check the link for the information http://www.sleepapnea.org/resources/cpap...chine.html

Medicaid http://www.healthcare.gov/using-insuranc.../medicaid/

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi srnutter,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What has been said so far.
Hopefully, you can find a way to get a machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snutter,

Welcome

You are in the right place!

Hang in there!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,212 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,799 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,322 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,757 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,252 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.