Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Problems - would BiPAP help?
Problems - would BiPAP help?
have a cpap,symptoms-jolt awake,bp and heart rate elevated[goes down within15-20 secs.]pain in extremeties,headache,hyper,feel hot,palms and soles of feet perspire,nervous stomach,must have bowel movement,happens duringdream stage,usually awake with shortnss of breath,could cortisol be an issue? machine only slept 3-4hrs during 2 studies,no cen sleep apnea-had 3 brain injuries-brain surgery,episodes occur about 12 days a month,wake me about every 25-30min.during the night ,use alarm clock to wake me before an event occurs,if my timing is right,i wake myself before "it" hits me.the powers that be have not helped me,horrible situation 3 yrs,now. might I benefit from a bipap machine? I will appreciate any help. thank you!

/Martha ott
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mrott45@verizon.net
martha ott, welcome, your symptoms sound very similar to mine prior to being diagnosed with sleep apnea, how long has it been that you were diagnosed and are you saying you are still getting those symptoms? With the brain injuries, your condition is obviously a lot more complex than what most of us have. Are you Ok using the CPAP, do you feel any better during the day after using it? I hope we can try to help you and give you some support and advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Problems - would BiPAP help?
dear tez62, using cpap since aug. 2012, full face mask, pressure 9.5,started me at 6 worthless,beggeg to go higher-went to 7-not much better-found apnea board-increased to 9.5 with their instructions, does not help at all when I have these episodes,i awake during the night quite often even when I am not having episodes, I have tried going higher it bothers me [in .5 increments] I have also used a dental appliance with it, I am faithful-use it every night! I do not wish to die from this but at least I would get a rest! this has been pure hell- my sense of humor keeps me going. another night is waiting for me-great! thank you for responding to me it means a lot. martha
Post Reply Post Reply
Martha, I can hear your frustration in your words, try to have a good nights sleep tonight, I'm in Australia so it's 10.42am on Wednesday morning here. Tomorrow can you let us know what your AHI was at your sleep study if you know? I see you are using ResScan, do you check your results regularly and understand how to read them? I dont think you can use ResScan with a Remstar you may be better to try Sleepyhead, we can help you through it but try to relax for now and have a good sleep, good night.
Post Reply Post Reply
dear tez62 sent 1 email made amistake-just checking to see if you receive this before I type more! thank you so much! martha
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2013, 07:47 PM)martha ott Wrote: dear tez62 sent 1 email made amistake-just checking to see if you receive this before I type more! thank you so much! martha

Martha, I'm not seeing anything in messages, did you use messages on here?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Martha,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like you are having a rought time right now but I encourage you to stick with CPAP therapy. It's a good thing that you have a good sense of humour to get you through.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Martha, I doubt a BiPAP would be of any more help than a CPAP. Do you have the REMstar Plus or the REMstar Pro?

The Pro is data capable, which it can measure your leak rate and your AHI. If your leak rate is under control and your AHI is under 5 we'd know your CPAP therapy is working for you.

Have you discussed your problems with your doctor?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
dear wiki editor, use remstar plus c flex, very little leakage-am vigilant, have seen 2 doctors-because my situation is unusual, I do not believe they wish to invest the time or effort, I am on my own-thank God I found the forum -I was able to adjust my pressure from 7-9.5 helped but did nothing for the episodes, have had unit since 8-2012; the card has been read only once by the nurse from the supplier-that was mainly for compliance, full face mask,humidifier, started me at 6 did nothing for me! where do I get the equipment to read the card myseif? with the kindness of the people at the forum, I hope to make progress it is obvious to me ,all of you are my hope! thank you ,Martha ott
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2013, 11:20 AM)martha ott Wrote: dear wiki editor, use remstar plus c flex, very little leakage-am vigilant,

That's not a data-capable machine so there's no way to monitor your leak rate or your AHI. I highly recommend that you see if you can exchange it for a data-capable CPAP machine such as the REMstar Pro.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,003 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,837 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,564 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.