Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Quit working
Quit working
I have a Respironics M Series Bipap that doesn't work anymore.
When the power cord is plugged in the blue lights begin to flash
several times stop for a few seconds flash again, stop again, flash
again then the screen says "service required." Is my bipap dead or
is it worth fixing?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quit working
The Service Required message is typically a "you got it wet" error. Doesn't always mean that is the case, however, it is generally believed to be a "fatal" error requiring repair or replacement.

There's a few options.

If it has been more than 5 yrs since you got it and:
- if you have insurance, get another through the insurance company.
- you don't have insurance, get your GP to write the script and get one through Supplier #2 in the Supplier's List.

If it has been less than 5 yrs and:
- you have insurance, contact them (either directly or through the DME) to ask about repair possibilities
- you do not have insurance, get the script and go through Supplier #2

If you want to repair it:
- go through your insurance
- contact either Supplier #27 or #28 to see about repair costs

Supplier's List (link at top of every page): http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
If you decide to get another machine, check this out: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula
It is over 5 years old
No insurance
I bought it privately brand new unused and used it successfully for several years. Then I achieved the wonderful milestone of medicare which
brought on a new sleep study and a new cpap which is functioning
just fine. I work a long way from my home so I have two residences
and I'd like to have a working unit at each location to keep from
taking one unit back and forth. I'm just wanting advice if sending it
for repair is futile or smart?
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably futile. You can contact your local DME and see if they have any suggestions but more than likely, they don't do inhouse repairs but send them off. And Respironics probably won't take it directly from you, it would have to go through the DME. You can also ask one of the repair folks just to see how it all works.

In the meantime, check out Supplier #2. They have some great prices and ship fast. Or check the local papers again. If you found one of the same model as yours, you could use one as parts.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Much appreciated but I have already asked my local folks and they ran backwards. Those folks are rip offs and thanks to the Affordable Health Care
Act their unmerciful monopoly has come crashing down and soon home health goods will be in control of us and not crooks. I am merely seeking information from those who have witnessed the same trouble I have to ascertain if I am
wise to send my unit off for repair or if it is futile. I have contacted a place on line to send my unit to but would like input from others who have done so and if they received the typical run around from home health crooks or if they received adequate repair service. I am not desperate so I can play this game for eternity. No disrespect intended to anyone but I have been in this game for many years and just seeing if honesty has finally taken hold or is the industry still dishonest. Unfortunately or fortunately I have not had to seek repair of one of my units in the past so here I am looking for advice.
A lot of queries I have seen on message boards give incomplete signals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 572 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 529 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.