Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Snoring
Angry 
Snoring
Ok so recently my stats have shown an increase in snoring but I didn't think much of it but last night I was told I pretty much started snoring from the second I went to sleep and carried on all night.....only noticed this since getting my new airsense 10 auto.....any suggestions as to what it could be? Not blocked nose....perhaps try a chin strap although I have one I've never needed it until my new machine. I'm kind of thinking it COULD be down to the fact that I'm pretty sick at the moment and perhaps needing more sleep than normal due to being sick - I do know that when I'm overly tired I tend to snore more...plus, when I'm sick I do notice my ahi goes up....which would make sense also with the snoring!! quite annoying actually

Many thanks in advanceThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snoring
if pressure settings as shown in profile "CPAP Pressure: 4-20", perhaps the minimum is too low
snoring as described is indicative that pressure settings is not optimal
Post Reply Post Reply
Good catch, Zonk.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 12:25 AM)zonk Wrote: if pressure settings as shown in profile "CPAP Pressure: 4-20", perhaps the minimum is too low

Ahhhh.............ok so I'll up the pressure then - I've really no idea what my minimum/maximum should be because I was only ever tested on a fixed pressure which was 11....I've moved the maximum down to 16 so perhaps I should change the minimum by a couple then see if there is a difference.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was originally diagnosed in 2006 at 11 also. Once I got on a auto machine and read the card I never went above a 9. I run 5 to 12 presets on my AS 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 01:54 AM)weeble Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 12:25 AM)zonk Wrote: if pressure settings as shown in profile "CPAP Pressure: 4-20", perhaps the minimum is too low

Ahhhh.............ok so I'll up the pressure then - I've really no idea what my minimum/maximum should be because I was only ever tested on a fixed pressure which was 11....I've moved the maximum down to 16 so perhaps I should change the minimum by a couple then see if there is a difference.

Hi weeble,
You are using sleepyhead, so it's fairly simple to see where your pressure needs should be.

Check your pressure stats, to the left of graphs. What are the medium and 90% pressure numbers?

Your start pressure should be no more than 2 to 3cm below the 90% number.

Then look over your pressure graphs to see where you max pressure is most nights.
Set the max at 1 or 2cm above that.

Watch this for a couple weeks, then make changes only if necessary.

You can also post a couple screenshots of your graphs. Include the events, flow rate, pressure and leak graphs, and the stats to the left of graphs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi weeble,
I hope you get to feeling better, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Snoring would indicate a need for higher minimum pressure. What puzzles me is that with abundant snoring, the machine should increase pressure automatically. Feel free to post some data if you want to share, but the solution to snores and increased AHI is more pressure. With a titrated CPAP pressure of 11.0, I would not have a minimum APAP pressure less than 8.0, and probably better at 9.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 03:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Snoring would indicate a need for higher minimum pressure. What puzzles me is that with abundant snoring, the machine should increase pressure automatically. Feel free to post some data if you want to share, but the solution to snores and increased AHI is more pressure. With a titrated CPAP pressure of 11.0, I would not have a minimum APAP pressure less than 8.0, and probably better at 9.0.

I agree try 8-9 for minimum and don't use ramp , might be enough stop the snoring from starting .
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Weeble, I agree it is quite annoying (and embarrassing) too! When I was being adjusted upwards with my sleep doc, one of my complaints was that although the snoring was much less and much quieter, I was still snoring. He said immediately that he adjusts the minimum pressure by 1.5 to 2 cm H2O pressure to hopefully stop that. Which he has, thank goodness!

So definitely try it!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,505 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,597 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,005 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 532 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,429 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 783 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.