Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lincare wants to screw us in another way
Lincare wants to screw us in another way
I went to my local Lincare to pick up a new CPAP hose. The price they quoted me was out of this world. I complained to the lady that I could buy it for 1/3 the price online. She proceeded to tell me that they have purchased CPAPSupplyUSA and I might want to order it from there.

Lincare has been screwing me for years with extremly high prices for filters, hoses and mask, terrible service and a careless attitude. Now they purchase a reputable online store and want me to by from them....NEVER. If they are willing to sell me a hose for 1/3 the price online why can I not walk in their locale store and buy it for the same price. They would be the winner as they would save on shipping and provide me the ability to get the product immediately.

They do not even state on CPAPSupplyUSA site that they now own it. I guess they think customers will continue to be stupid and purchase from them. Until they change their policy and sell to me locally at the same price as they sell online I will not support this internet store. There are to many other online stores that have provide CPAP supplies for reasonable prices for years and have great service. Word of the day: BOYCOTT!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lincare wants to screw us in another way
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

Sorry to hear about your issues with this DME Supplier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TiredOfBadDMEs, First of all, Welcome! to the forum.! Yeah, I know there are some bad DMEs out there, I'm sorry you have to deal with one of them. I don't blame you for buying things where you aren't gouged for your supplies.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2012, 10:30 AM)TiredOfBadDMEs Wrote: I went to my local Lincare to pick up a new CPAP hose. The price they quoted me was out of this world. I complained to the lady that I could buy it for 1/3 the price online.
Down here too prices more than double than US online prices. Recently got a new climateline hose and other stuff from secondwind Supplier #2 which include postage comes to less than half the price of our quoted prices.

Post Reply Post Reply
Bah,

Lincare charges the outrageous prices because that is what insurance companies will pay. The problem is that the system is broken, not that Lincare is crooked (I think you will find that they charge very similarly to most DME's). The web site will charge lower prices because it is necessary given the dynamics of the web itself. While many, many insureds will pay (or allow their insurance company to pay) whatever their DME charges for the convenience of having supplies provided to them without much thought or effort, the same cannot be said of a web site, If you hit a web site with prices higher than readily available elsewhere you just click right through (at least I hope you do) so the pricing there will need to be competitive witht he rest of the web.
As for Lincare selling you supplies for the same price as the web site... well.... I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend P8 battery torx screw size? slowmail 0 465 02-15-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: slowmail
  [Equipment] finally got someone to listen at lincare ajwees41 2 781 10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ajwees41
  Apria or Lincare? anonEmouse2004 12 4,793 09-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Problems with Lincare authorization to continue receiving supplies. PastaKitty 13 3,626 03-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  What Should I Watch Out for with Lincare? Melman 13 6,886 12-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  So Did I screw up and get the wrong machine? jasonarmstrong 17 3,419 06-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Last Post: st8800
  Dealing with Lincare E.W. 7 2,823 01-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.