Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] What setting to use?
RE: What setting to use?
My Resmed S9 Autoset arrived today. It's all programmed for tonight using these settings:

7 - 11 with a 15 minute ramp starting at an initial pressure of 5.6 and an EPR of 1 full time.

Breathing feels Okay. Looking forward to it!

Post Reply Post Reply
what kind of mask did you get?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2013, 11:48 AM)oak Wrote: what kind of mask did you get?

The Eson (by F&P).

I had five hours straight, no visits to toilet (normally I go 1-2 times per night). Felt a lot better this morning at 5am and my AHI was 1.6. (down from 80 in sleep study). Felt a lot better and my legs felt warm during sleep - normally they feel a bit cold in comparison. I will insert the card and go through data ASAP. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my results. (Looks like time setting on the S9 needs adjusting, sleeping actually started at around 11pm)
Post Reply Post Reply
nice!
Post Reply Post Reply
It has nothing to do with CPAP settings, but on my guitar amp, I always use setting 11!

OMyMy
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

I recently bought a ResMed S9 auto from overseas (because of price) after a paid trial from a sleep clinic. This forum helped me find out how to adjust the settings. When I got the machine, I thought there was something wrong with it, because it was leaking and felt like it was inflating my sinuses after the ramp time. Once I found out how to adjust the clinical settings I've turned the pressure back to 12 instead of the default 20. If 12 stops my apnea I can't see any point in ever running at a higher pressure. Thanks to everyone for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 04:08 PM)lecol Wrote: Hi

I recently bought a ResMed S9 auto from overseas (because of price) after a paid trial from a sleep clinic. This forum helped me find out how to adjust the settings. When I got the machine, I thought there was something wrong with it, because it was leaking and felt like it was inflating my sinuses after the ramp time. Once I found out how to adjust the clinical settings I've turned the pressure back to 12 instead of the default 20. If 12 stops my apnea I can't see any point in ever running at a higher pressure. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Thanks for letting us know lecol, good job taking responsibility for your own health and getting started with a machine.

I suggest you download the Sleepyhead software from the link at the top of the page and begin watching your results.

Defaults on these machines are generally 4 minimum and 20 maximum, as you pointed out. I agree that it is best to narrow the range so that over time you discover where you need to be. Since you're at 12 now, if it were me I would dial up the minimum a bit, say to 6 or so to begin with. That gives the machine a nice range to work with. Then once you see your results you can decide to increase the range, drop to top a little more, or up the bottom a little. But the key is you need to know what your ahi and event history is first in order to make those decisions.

Welcome to our small and humble, if not on occasion puffed up with pride, site.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2014, 04:08 PM)lecol Wrote: Hi

Hi lecol,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that youtook your CPAP therapy into your own hands and were able to set up your machine, good job.
Keep up the good work and best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 385 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,006 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.