Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Stop Breathing While Concentrating
RE: Stop Breathing While Concentrating
(04-03-2018, 03:25 PM).NicksterFL Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 03:11 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: ... I suggest you get a portable oximeter ...

Wouldn't this show up in all the tests the cardiologist ran? I wore a 24 hour haltor monitor as well, (of course I didn't have an episode then).

I own one of these (fingertip monitor) I guess I could carry it around and check my O2 saturation when it happens?
I'm going back to my primary doc to get a sleep study so that I can at least rule that out. I'm wondering if my symptoms of possible daytime apnea are similar to that of night time?

You'd think, right? But the trubble with O2 saturation is that it'll return to normal levels and leave no trace, but can effect our health/wellbeing later. They din't find my O2 sat problem the two days in the ER before Christmas, nor the end of January when I had to get an emergency 'peacemaker' installation. It wasn't until I had my sleep studies that the O2 sat problem appeared, and wasn't until the BiPAP test that they could tell how severe the problem was. (Fortunately it only occurs when I sleep, so I don't have to drag my green bottle around.)

I hope you're able to get the test; it would be great to rule out sleep apnea or other sleep-related disorders.

Oh, the shortcoming I see with the fingertip monitor is that they don't record and download their data -- you've got to be watching it when the O2 goes low. Not all of my episodes occurred while the oxi was low.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2018, 04:16 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 03:25 PM).NicksterFL Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 03:11 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: ... I suggest you get a portable oximeter ...

Wouldn't this show up in all the tests the cardiologist ran? I wore a 24 hour haltor monitor as well, (of course I didn't have an episode then).

I own one of these (fingertip monitor) I guess I could carry it around and check my O2 saturation when it happens?
I'm going back to my primary doc to get a sleep study so that I can at least rule that out. I'm wondering if my symptoms of possible daytime apnea are similar to that of night time?

You'd think, right? But the trubble with O2 saturation is that it'll return to normal levels and leave no trace, but can effect our health/wellbeing later. They din't find my O2 sat problem the two days in the ER before Christmas, nor the end of January when I had to get an emergency 'peacemaker' installation. It wasn't until I had my sleep studies that the O2 sat problem appeared, and wasn't until the BiPAP test that they could tell how severe the problem was. (Fortunately it only occurs when I sleep, so I don't have to drag my green bottle around.)

I hope you're able to get the test; it would be great to rule out sleep apnea or other sleep-related disorders.

Oh, the shortcoming I see with the fingertip monitor is that they don't record and download their data -- you've got to be watching it when the O2 goes low. Not all of my episodes occurred while the oxi was low.

very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I'll report back as I figure this out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can sympathize with the not knowing. Mrs. Psycho has had heart palpitations for quite some time....of course, they never happen when the Haltor is on :/

Here's hoping that you get to the bottom of the problem soon Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hypochondria?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,119 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 384 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.