Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long before the Contour Max 2.0 cpap pillow doesn't smell like chemicals?
How long before the Contour Max 2.0 cpap pillow doesn't smell like chemicals?
I've been airing it out for three days but it still has the foam chemical-y smell. 

How much longer am I supposed to wait before it goes away?? It's foam, so I can't wash it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long before the Contour Max 2.0 cpap pillow doesn't smell like chemicals?
did you take it out of the pillowcase and wash the case?

Foam doesnt have a smell though, but since its foam it has air from a factory inside so the fastest way would be to remove the air with a vacuum device and then let it 'swell' in a clean air environment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long before the Contour Max 2.0 cpap pillow doesn't smell like chemicals?
Unzip the pillowcase to let the foam air out.

I tried this pillow a couple years ago. Although I never noticed a smell. Some folk are more sensitive to those odors.

My contour pillow is now thrown in the closet with a couple others that didn’t work out.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's weird mine didn't smell at all...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 03:13 AM)crowtor Wrote: did you take it out of the pillowcase and wash the case?

Foam doesnt have a smell though, but since its foam it has air from a factory inside so the fastest way would be to remove the air with a vacuum device and then let it 'swell' in a clean air environment.

I'm a dummy. Didn't think of this. I unzipped it the other day and let it air out. 

I read the labels on the cover and it said spot wash only, so I did not bother to get it wet. Didn't want to risk it.

(05-16-2019, 09:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Unzip the pillowcase to let the foam air out.  

I tried this pillow a couple years ago.  Although I never noticed a smell.  Some folk are more sensitive to those odors.

My contour pillow is now thrown in the closet with a couple others that didn’t work out.

Which pillow are you using now? I am currently using a mypillow (going to see if I can tolerate the contour pillow tonight or if it still needs to air out) and it is OK. I really like that I can wash the mypillow, but don't like that it will push my brevida out of place slightly and cause leaks. 

(05-17-2019, 07:57 AM)Diotima245 Wrote: That's weird mine didn't smell at all...

Wish mine didn't smell!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2019, 02:52 AM)vroomvroom Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 09:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Unzip the pillowcase to let the foam air out.  

I tried this pillow a couple years ago.  Although I never noticed a smell.  Some folk are more sensitive to those odors.

Which pillow are you using now? I am currently using a mypillow (going to see if I can tolerate the contour pillow tonight or if it still needs to air out) and it is OK. I really like that I can wash the mypillow, but don't like that it will push my brevida out of place slightly and cause leaks. 

Here’s a thread with much discussion on pillows.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ke-and-why
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,790 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,211 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,863 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 199 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.